Best time for Vatican - getting different times from tour companies

World Gallery

Thanks to everyone for all of this great information. We have decided to skip the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel (so wish we could just tour the Sistine Chapel). We will go to St Peters to tour and climb the dome. When I first started planning, I didn't realize you had to go through the Vatican Museum to get to the Sistine chapel. Since we only have one day in Rome, I think this is our best option.

Thanks to everyone for all of this great information. We have decided to skip the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel (so wish we could just tour the Sistine Chapel). We will go to St Peters to tour and climb the dome. When I first started planning, I didn't realize you had to go through the Vatican Museum to get to the Sistine chapel. Since we only have one day in Rome, I think this is our best option.

I think your family will be very happy with this decision.

World Gallery: Have you and your kids seen the "Angels & Demons" movie? If not, I highly recommend it before your cruise. Almost all of it is set in Rome and the Vatican. It is a fantastic movie and it's even better when you're going to Rome or have been in Rome. It is based on the book by Dan Brown. The book is also awesome. They changed some key parts of it for the movie.

Anyway, I think your kids would have great fun seeing in person the parts of Rome and the Vatican that are in the movie.

We have been in touch with 3 tour companies and trying to figure out the best option for our family of 7 for Rome. They are RIL, Pleasant Travel and Easitaly. For the Vatican, RIL told me that now, they tell people to book the 1:30 time slot but next year when we go, they are going to move it to the 9:30 time slot but didn't explain why. The other two companies said that the 1:30 is the best time.

Does anyone have any insight on what is the best time slot for the Vatican?

Also, has anyone used Pleasant Travel or Easitaly? Any feedback?

We have booked with Through Eternity on the 7:30am 5 hour tour. This gets us into the Sistine Chapel before it's even open to the public. It's expensive but worth it to us to avoid the crowds!;)

Archived