Half Moon Cay Tram Question

RMM34667

I was just looking at a map of Half Moon Cay

http://www.insightcruises.com/pdf/Half_Moon_Cay.pdf

It shows a TRAM from the Welcome Center to the TROPICS Resturant. What is the deal with that? If that is easy transportation it would open up the options for the cabanas. Traveling with my elderly parents and was thinking I had to try to grab like 1-3. But if we can hop on that tram then maybe 5 or 6 (even 7) would be possible.

It is open for everyone? do you need any kind of tickets or anything?

Thanks for any info!

I was just looking at a map of Half Moon Cay

http://www.insightcruises.com/pdf/Half_Moon_Cay.pdf

It shows a TRAM from the Welcome Center to the TROPICS Resturant. What is the deal with that? If that is easy transportation it would open up the options for the cabanas. Traveling with my elderly parents and was thinking I had to try to grab like 1-3. But if we can hop on that tram then maybe 5 or 6 (even 7) would be possible.

It is open for everyone? do you need any kind of tickets or anything?

Thanks for any info!

The tram is used for excursions.They pick you up from the main area and take you to where your excursion is. If you book a cabana they will take you to your cabana. On the way back it's hit or miss. We had a cabana in Feb and started walking back. A tram was returning from an excursion and picked us up. The road is paved and it's not a bad walk. In the heat and being elderly it may be a big challenge. You may be able to ask for assistance and they'd help.

We had the purple one ( sorry I can't remember the number) near the bathrooms and the food area. since you are traveling with your parents I'd choose one near there. They won't have a long walk for food or a bathroom.

Archived