What is the Largest/Least Amount of Luggage you have taken?

kiwi121210

This will be my first FULL family cruise, so I am definitely packing two formal outfits per member plus all of our regular stuff and some beach toys.

That being said........

We are flying Southwest where we get to check two bags per person for free. I am paying for five people to fly, so we COULD take 10 bags total. I am realistically thinking six- One per person & one for the other stuff. It will help me keep things organized and the weight's distributed evenly. It also leaves us room to bring things back. :)

I think when DH and I went on our cruise, we each took one checked bag.

About 2 years ago we each bought one piece of Riccardo luggage from Kohl's. Its the largest piece. It has a built in garment bag and tons of room for everything else. We each only take that one piece with a small carry on for each of us with meds, cosmetics, etc. Makes it a lot more convenient than packing and carrying 2 or 3 large pieces.

The only thing we put in the garment bag is hubby's tux and my evening dresses

I'm amazed at the few pieces people are reporting. I haven't been able to go with less than 2 large suitcases.

When I took my kids the worst was taking the 2 gowns and suit my kids brought in the hanging bag thing. What a pain.

LOL, I'm with you but that's by choice, not necessity.

While many people like to bring clothes for each day or wear certain clothing more than one time, I prefer to have a choice of clothing to wear so I am not stuck "having" to wear a certain outfit.

We never pay overcharge on baggage fees and even if we drive to port probably overpack but I'm never sorry with what I have in my suitcase. I'm also the one everyone comes to when they need meds, band aids, etc.!

WOW... some of you barely bring anything! How do 4 people pack in a duffel bag and a carry on??? is that even possible? or maybe you are just a better packer then I am.

I bring a huge suitcase that has all my cloths, shoes, and toiletries in it, DH brings his own medium suitcase. Then we have a garment bag, a rolling carryon suitcase with all our valuables and drinks in it, and we each have a big scuba gear backpack. Dh also had another carry on with his plentiful camera stuff in it.

I couldn't even imagine following the advice of taking out what I want to pack and putting half back. I wear and use everything I bring...

Caps- I also have a first aid kit stuff and it has proved INVALUABLE!

Archived