Dawn Penthouses for Bermuda

dkd114

I am looking into Penthouses SE and SF for a cruise on the Dawn in June 2012. The only difference that I can see is one is Aft facing and the other faces front. Can anyone discuss their experiences with these suites and what I should be thinking about? What were your pros and cons? It will just be my wife and I.

Thanks!

Dan

We were on the Dawn this past July in aft penthouse 10728. It was absolutely wonderful. Quiet location on the ship. Beautiful view from your large balcony. Would book this suite again in a heartbeat! It was just my husband and I on the cruise. You would love this suite. Enjoy!

did an sf on jewel and wow was it great.front balconys are larger but can be viewed from bridge and i believe there is a light restriction at night due to bridge needing blackness to see out to sea.Also when underway you are in the wind the faster the ship goes the faster the wind goes.

I had a deck 9 forward penthouse with the huge balcony and it was great! I think for Bermuda especially it works well because the ship is docked for so long. For a June trip it should be nice and warm :)

I just got off of Dawn Sept. 30th, we had a forward Facing Penthouse Suite...It was fantastic, the (Balcony) was enormous, and the room was very spacious, we were in 10002. There was only the two of us...if you can get it, I would grab it...Very nice in Bermuda, as the Ship was docked, we were facing the Ocean...what a spectacular thing to wake up to every morning...

my wife and I were in 10728 sept 16th-23rd. thank you terry for leaving the room clean!

i posted a review (i am sure there are more out there), but i included pictures, and eventually posted a video of the room further in the posts.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1487780

What I wouldn't give to book that balcony again some time soon!:D

Must be a popular room, because I just returned from the 9/30 to 10/7 sailing and was in room 10728!!! (Ditto to previous occupants for leaving the room so nice.)

The room was gorgeous, I wouldn't change a thing, and the aft balcony was a welcome retreat. The butler (Layla) was just o.k., really didn't do too much for us, but the concierge (Virginia) was fantastic - she seemed to be everywhere at once and the word "no" is definitely not in her vocabulary.

Great trip, great room - enjoy!

I just returned from the 9/30 to 10/7 sailing and was in room 10728!!! (Ditto to previous occupants for leaving the room so nice.)

The room was gorgeous, I wouldn't change a thing, and the aft balcony was a welcome retreat. The butler (Layla) was just o.k., really didn't do too much for us, but the concierge (Virginia) was fantastic - she seemed to be everywhere at once and the word "no" is definitely not in her vocabulary.

i think it's the "aft club" we are now a part of. I agree, Viriginia was everywhere...every event on the ship she was a part of and works very hard having..I think 64 rooms to take care of. For anyone thinking about a room, the peace and quiet anytime you want, privacy, amazing view, and a good sized room for 2 was hard to beat. plus, i felt very close to everything.

• 10 months later...

Archived