Dawn:Cabin Steward/Butler - functions?

dongordon

What are the various responsibilities or differences between the cabin steward and the butler and what would be the suggested tipping policy (does the butler also share in the crew's group tips?)

I always provide an additional gratuity but was wondering how this works.

Thanks.

Don

The steward cleans your room and the Butler brings you food, gets your liquor serves dinner if you have guests etc. He/she will also unpack and pack you if you want. The Butler gets you any food you want from the dining rooms. While sometimes you steward or assistant will bring you regular room service its not as extensive. If you call from a suite for room service they will find your Butler. The Butler does NOT participate in the regular tips. You tip them seperately. Depending on how much you use them, I tip using the guidelines for the waiter they have published eslewhere, anywhere from $50-$100 per room or more if they have provided a lot of service.

Cabin Steward does all the same things as a regular cabin and shares in the pool. A little extra cash is always welcome.

The Butler is not in the pool. The best quick discription of the butlers role is super room service. They will take care of all your in suite dinning. Setting the table and bring you food from any resturant. They call help set up for a party. Bring you cocktails etc. No much the butler won't do just ask.

Do a search lots of threads on tipping the butler. The general rule is it depends on how much you take advantage of the services. I have seen post indicating tips from $50 - $500.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=1604165

Thanks for the information.

It clears things up regarding the butler. I have been on Celebrity with a butler and their responsibilities are almost identical.

One more question....Can the butler make dinner reservations for the various specialty restaurants for my group?

Don

Thanks for the information.

It clears things up regarding the butler. I have been on Celebrity with a butler and their responsibilities are almost identical.

One more question....Can the butler make dinner reservations for the various specialty restaurants for my group?

Don

That would be the concierge's job. They can make them for the whole cruise day one or as you want them.

Shoreguy....Thanks for that information.

On Celebrity, the Butler provided early tender tickets for us. I suppose dinner reservations are more complicated.

On my last Dawn cruise I had a mini-suite and I never saw nor was introduced to my Concierge. There was not even a name card or in my cabin.

I suppose it was my fault not seeking him/her out for assistance. This time with a group of 7, I am sure I will require these services.

Don

Shoreguy....Thanks for that information.

On Celebrity, the Butler provided early tender tickets for us. I suppose dinner reservations are more complicated.

On my last Dawn cruise I had a mini-suite and I never saw nor was introduced to my Concierge. There was not even a name card or in my cabin.

I suppose it was my fault not seeking him/her out for assistance. This time with a group of 7, I am sure I will require these services.

Don

On the Sun the butler would serve dinner in your cabin from the specialty resturants.

VIP Tender tickets are again provided by the Concierge.

Think of it this way the bulter does things for his/her tip. The Concierge arranges things for his/her tip :D

With the number of minis on the Star/Dawn I think you have to seek out the Concierge. The service is available if you take advantage of it. In the full suites you should have more proactive services from the Concierge.

Think of it this way: the butler does things for his/her tip. The Concierge arranges things for his/her tip.

This is the best, most concise description I have seen of an issue that seems to confuse a lot of people. Easy to remember, and totally accurate!

My daughter and her husband are going to be on same cruise as my husband and I May 28th. to Alaska, though they will be staying in a cc oceanview room. Can anyone tell me if the butler will serve my daughter & husband dinner once or twice during our cruise in our suite? If so, can they order what we do?

Also daughter wondering what room 9503 front of Spirit is like, it's a oceanview cc category?

Thanks in advance!

My daughter and her husband are going to be on same cruise as my husband and I May 28th. to Alaska, though they will be staying in a cc oceanview room. Can anyone tell me if the butler will serve my daughter & husband dinner once or twice during our cruise in our suite? If so, can they order what we do?

Also daughter wondering what room 9503 front of Spirit is like, it's a oceanview cc category?

Thanks in advance!

You can have 20 friends in your suite and the butler will serve them. Just remember to tip :D

Archived