Favorite Excursion in Barbados

charlielinda

What is your favorite excursion in Barbados -- either ship excursion or on your own? Any information would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Voyager of the Sea -- September 2001; Galaxy -- May 2002; Zuiderdam -- September 2003; Summit -- APRIL 2004; CAN'T WAIT -- SUMMIT OCTOBER 2004

Hi basketlady - We were in Barbados of Serenade of the Seas, (RCCL,) this past December. In Barbados we did an ocean kayaking/swim/snorkel with the turtles. It was fabulous. Kayaking was lots of fun...even though we never did it before and swimming with the huge turtles was wonderful. It was a ship excursion for us.

Sandy/Long Island NY

My family took the ship's tour called Barbados Wildlife Refuge and Island drive. It was a nice tour of the island, in which we saw Holetown, the famous ocean-shaped rocks, the black-bellied sheep, etc. It had three long stops, which was nice. Then we went to the wildlife preserve to see the green monkeys (which we didn't get to see, although the preserve had LOTS of other cool animals including the largest peacocks I have ever seen). The mini bus was nice and air conditioned, a must in Barbados.

In all, it was a nice tour and we had lots of fun, although it was a bit too tame for us, I'm afraid. We enjoy very active excursions. If I go there again, I'll either do the snorkling with turtles or the Atlantis submarine.

I hope this helps. There are so many activities on Barbados that we had a real hard time choosing.

Arghhhhh matie, for a fun time you must walk the plank on the Jolly Roger. You can even get remarried, pirate style.

04/04 Celebrity Constellation

10/02 Carnival Ecstasy

01/91 Celebrity Meridian

01/89 Regal Sea

01/87 Carnival Festivale

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;4;17;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Whatever you do, make sure you get the national sandwich. Flying fish sandwich. Sounds sort of gross but when we had it was very tender and spiced just right.

Several of the excursions serve them for lunch. The tour pages should indicate whether or not you get lunch.

FYI on the turtles. NO fins and NO diving. The fins scare them as well as the diving. The best is to remain as motionless as you can to see these creatures close up. They will come almost up to your belly, if your belly is big enough icon_wink.gif.

George & MaryBeth

In January 2002 while cruising the Ocean Princess, we took a photo safari tour. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and funny and took us to beautiful spots where we were able to take great pictures. He also took a fantastic photo of DH and I, our best for the entire cruise! We learned a lot on the history of Barbados and thoroughly enjoyed the tour.

When in Barbados we signed up through our hotel a basic island tour in a van. Tooks us all around the island, stopped at a few points of interest and then we were taken to The Crane (hotel) for a buffet lunch. This hotel is really amazing to see. Older and perched on cliff. We have often talked of going back to stay there, but it is a tad pricey. At any rate, it was a lovely tour.

Infinity, Hawaii, September 26/04

Without a doubt, the best excursion is:

5 Star Catamaran with lunch! Tiami Catamarans snorkel trip is EXCELLENT! Best excursion I've ever been on. OUTSTANDING crew! They serve flying fish for lunch too! Nothing like Mimosas for breakfast, and swimming with sea turtles in the ocean. The boat ride is so much fun.

DO NOT MISS THIS EXCURSION!

Navigator of the Seas- 12-13-2003 (7 days) Western

Ocean Princess - 02/2002 (10 days)Southern

Enchantment of the Seas - 02/1999 (7 days) Western

Archived