When do free or reduced upgrades start?

dadecitycruiser

Was offered a GS extended balcony for $890 (over and above what I have paid) yesterday which I declined. I looked at pricing this morning and if there was a discount there it was minimal, perhaps $100.

The cruise is in early Nov. At what point do they stop trying to sell the expensive stuff and move people up so they can sell the low priced rooms? Just wondering. Not sure I would give up my aft balcony anyway as this is the first time for that kind of room and we want to determine if this is the way we want to do all cruises. But a free GS would hard to turn down.

DCC

Was offered a GS extended balcony for $890 (over and above what I have paid) yesterday which I declined. I looked at pricing this morning and if there was a discount there it was minimal, perhaps $100.

The cruise is in early Nov. At what point do they stop trying to sell the expensive stuff and move people up so they can sell the low priced rooms? Just wondering. Not sure I would give up my aft balcony anyway as this is the first time for that kind of room and we want to determine if this is the way we want to do all cruises. But a free GS would hard to turn down.

DCC

I got a call two weeks ago and offered a GS for $325 above what we paid for our wrap aft, declined as well, we have tried our last two cruises to get a wrap aft and we aren't giving it up! However if we had experienced a wrap in the past I would of taken the offer.

Archived