New Years Cruise...

neo-cruiser

Has anyone ever celebrated new years or any othe holiday on a cruise. Does Carnival do anything special? Is it worth it? Group of about 8 of us are going and I am sure we'll have fun regardless but just want to know other peoples' experiences and stories. Sharing is caring lol :D

Last NYE they were handing out champagne when you boarded, cheap stuff but still a nice touch. There was also a big deck party with the count down and the ship's horn sounding a midnight, more free champagne. They also did a balloon drop in the atrium, pretty cool seeing them try to navigate the net with all the balloons.

Overall though, just a regular cruise with regular activities aside from NYE.

Last NYE they were handing out champagne when you boarded, cheap stuff but still a nice touch. There was also a big deck party with the count down and the ship's horn sounding a midnight, more free champagne. They also did a balloon drop in the atrium, pretty cool seeing them try to navigate the net with all the balloons.

Overall though, just a regular cruise with regular activities aside from NYE.

What ugagal said, but no free champagne during NYE party on Spirit last year (only on embarkation).

Also, because we were heading back to San Diego from Cabo air temperatures were not very conducive for the deck party. Couple of people from our party tried to go and came back to Atrium. There was music and dancing in the Atrium and fun atmosphere - we loved it. We are celebrating NYE on Legend this year.

If you are going as group of 8, you for sure will have fun.

Yeah Im super excited. We are leaving on the sensation from pt. canaveral to the bahamas for the weekend so i dont think weather will be an issue (aside from a chance of rain). 6 guys + 2 girls / 2 rooms = :eek: lol. I have always gone on 7 day cruises (this will be my 5th cruise all on carnivaL) so hopefully it wont finish before it begins, if you knw what i mean. Im a firm believer that a cruise is what you make it :p

6 guys + 2 girls / 2 rooms = :eek: lol.

I am trying to decide whether or not I want to be fly on the wall in one of those rooms ;).

so hopefully it wont finish before it begins

We are going on 6 day cruise (instead of usual of 7), so I know how you feel.

From CCL FAQ's type Holidays in FAQ's search http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466

New Year's Eve:

New Year’s cruises are just as memorable, offering one of the biggest celebrations at sea highlighted by the traditional countdown and complimentary noisemakers, party favors and champagne for “Fun Ship” revelers to ring in the new year. When schedules permit, one of the formal nights on board takes place on New Year's Eve; if the schedule does not permit, then the night is slightly less formal. Most lounges will have live music including the outdoor Lido Deck. Streamers, hats and noisemakers are provided; at approximately 11:30pm, a formal countdown will begin in the lounges with roaming waiters serving "house" brand champagne.

I am trying to decide whether or not I want to be fly on the wall in one of those rooms ;).

LOL :p we're all like family (its gonna be pretty comical actually, definitely hidden camera show worthy lol) i just hope i dont kill any of them and end up in boat-jail hahaha

LOL :p we're all like family (its gonna be pretty comical actually, definitely hidden camera show worthy lol) i just hope i dont kill any of them and end up in boat-jail hahaha

I'm a gal and shared an inside cabin with 3 other guys once...it was actually a lot of fun!

Archived