Monkeys at South Shore Canopy?

volscot

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I tried without success to do a search for the answer to my question.

We are considering doing the South Shore Canopy zip line tour through Island Marketing next week. We are on the Carnival Legend. One of my sons has said for years that he wishes he could have a pet monkey. I see that several of the zip line companies on the island have monkeys and birds that you can interact with either before or after you finish zipping, but I haven't been able to clarify whether South Shore has them or not. I think South Shore is the best zip line tour for us, but would hate to miss out on the opportunity for my son to play with the monkeys for a few minutes.

If South Shore doesn't have monkeys, is there a convenient reasonable place near the cruise port where you can interact with them?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Sorry, can't directly answer the South Shore question. If they don't have them you can go to Victor Bodden's just for the monkeys. It is $8 per person and the send a guide along with you to help you out. We did it as part of our private tour so I don't know how much it would cost for a taxi or something from the port. With the size of the island nothing we too awfully far.

A few years ago we did the zipline at South Shore, and at that time there were no monkeys there. But that day we did a tour with Juan Carlos and after the zipline, we went to a beach that had monkeys. Not in cages, just up in the trees, we were able to feed them and take pictures with them. Not holding any, but eating out of your hand. We have done two tours with Juan and have another scheduled for this week. In case you are interested his web site is http://www.islandertours.com. He is an excellent guide and will take you wherever you want to for the day. Back when we did this type of tour, it was 40/person and the zipline was an extra cost.

We did the iguana farm, South Shore zip line, snorkeling on West End, Lunch, stop for the monkeys, and shopping. So it was a fun full day!

Archived