taking a taxi to a beach

NY Jean

No beaches near Belize City that I know of. Caye Caulker is an island. Some beaches there, but nothing great that I saw. You can get there by water taxi, but know the schedule to get back in time for the tenders. Or there are tours that will drop you off there and pick you up later.

HI,

We always do our own thing on each island instead of doing ship sponsored excursions, when we were in Belize we did x-stream cave tubing and met them right near the tender. I am glad of that because after seeing Belize I am not so sure we would have wanted to get a cab and wonder around on our own-I am not sure how safe you would be doing that.

There are regularly scheduled water taxis to both Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye. Ambergris Caye web site This is a great website with lots of info about the Caye and how to get there and what to do when you are there.

Whatever you do have a wonderful time.

Su

PS. There is sand at Caye Caulker, though not a real beach. There are beaches on Ambergris Caye

Archived