Best Garden Villa suite?

Cruise-NOW

Was browsing videos on Youtube after hearing about them being the best thing on sea, they seem to have a differet setting in the private courtyard, and the Bathrooms seem different too for the few I saw, I thought the product is uniform on all ships.

As for the interiors very homely feel but kind of bad taste, and so 80s dont you think? time for a makeover IMO to something classy.

For those who have been on them which was the best, dont include those with the shared courtyard pool and all.

I can only comment on the Jewel and GEM. Generally they are similiar on the inside, aside from decorating. They both have two levels in the private courtyard. The Jewel actually has more space on the upper level (and more outdoor furnishing). This is do to the fact that they didn't install a suite on the 15th floor as on the GEM. The outdoor area of the 15th floor suite takes up some of the Garden Villa upper deck so it ends up being a bit smaller on the GEM. There is a steel wall seperating the two so you have privacy in either suite. The courtyard furnishings are different but still lots of options for sitting or laying out.

The interior may be reminisent of the 80's (maybe even 70's) but I think that's the flashy look they are going for. Glass, chrome and leather are predominent. One of the Villas has a different color scheme because someone of influence "supposedly" requested it. Unofficially the Oprah suite. ;) I'd say they should replace some of the wooden furniture. Some of it has seen better days. Overall, the furnishing are quite comfortable and the Boses sound system which can be played indoors or outdoors in the courtyard is great.

They are going to a pay-per-view movie system, which the GEM already has in place. This means no DVD players. The Jewel did have them but may have removed them as well. The GEM has one coffee maker behind the bar, The jewel had more but again they have removed them as well.

IMO, they are close enough that it doesn't matter which you choose. Look at other factors such as ports, lenght of cruise, cost, and maybe even butlers & concierge on each respective ship.

Hope this helps.

I have to agree, the decor is outdated, but that being said the space is amazing. The thing I like about the Star and Dawn's GV is that there are 2 master bedrooms. The middle bedroom is the size of a penthouse. On the newer class of ships there is only one master and 2 smaller bedrooms. I think the private courtyard area on the Star and Dawn is much larger than the new ships. And the final perk is the HUGE amount of deck space (Deck 15) above the suites. Check out some of our pics of the Star's GV. The link is in my signature.

Archived