How long to tender in

RainD

We are arriving nov 4 in Grand Cayman and it says ship time arrival is 8am but I know it's island time 7am. We are booked on a 8:15am excursion not booked by the cruise ship- Carnival. How long will it take to get off the ship? I am worried we will be cutting it close.

I'm guessing this can vary depending on the ship, but last week my family was on the Carnival Inspiration. We left our room at 7:45am, walked down two flights of stairs and found ourselves about 20th in line for the tender boat. We were on the boat at about 7:48am and walked off the boat on the island at about 8:00am. It couldn't have been any easier.

Since you have 1 hour and 15 minutes, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

We were on Freedom a couple of weeks ago and getting off the ship was so simple. Got up and walked onto the tender. You should have no problems. I think there may only be one or two operators that work with carnival and also with independents so they know the drill. Getting back on is a completly different story. You will be in a very long line for an hour in the heat of the day. Stop and get a drink or a snack for while you are waiting and take it in stride.

Archived