Best thing to do on Grand Turks for elderly

dvg1027

My parents, DH and I will be there from 8 AM to 3 PM on Monday, Oct 31.

My parents are 89 and 91. They can walk under there own steam although at their age I keep a close eye and my dad has a little bit of unsteadiness on his feet.

That being said any ideas what would be good for them? I know our ship offers the Margarita Cabana's. But we are already doing the Retreat Cabana's on the Eurodam and are considering cabana's for Half Moon Bay. I don't want to OD on cabana's.

I also want to avoid dong the ships tours. They are still pretty active for there age but I don't want them to worry about keeping up.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

There is a stand for tours not to far from Margaritaville. Last December the tour was $20.00. My mom and several others went on it. All reported that it was nice. Don't try walking to Jack's Shack with them. I'm young and had a hard time walking in the sand. My cousin and I went to the street to walk back to Margaritaville thinking it would be easier. It isn't a straight shot on the street and caught a cab for $5.00 to downtown and $5 back.

I would say take a tour. There is the Grand Turk experience through the cruiseline, or at least through Carnival. There are also lots of taxis around and many of them might be happy to take you on a tour. We took a taxi into Cockburn town and there wasn't a lot there, but we ended up getting a taxi to go back to the ship and the people already there were going to the lighthouse. We really lucked out. There is a very nice view from the lighthouse.

Archived