What are Interior w. French Door rooms like?

krissyj89

When you say Interior room with french doors-when you go to book it, what is it shown as- inside, OV or what? I am confused. Thank you.

On Carnival's website, you will need to click for an Inside room. Then, after choosing the number of people and your rate, it will show a couple options, one of them being "Interior with French Door". That's the one you want. It's not an interior, of course, but they put it under that category because of the obstruction. It makes it seem more appealing that way, to feel that you're getting more than what you're paying for. The rooms are 185 sq.ft, as one other poster clarified. I measured with a tape measurer, and they are indeed 185.

Plus, not wanting to confuse anyone, there is no balcony outside the French Doors. There are things to stand on out there, but that is for crew only. No balcony! The open doors allow you to have fresh air, but a railing keeps you inside. You're not allowed out there. No balcony.

On Carnival's website, you will need to click for an Inside room. Then, after choosing the number of people and your rate, it will show a couple options, one of them being "Interior with French Door". That's the one you want. It's not an interior, of course, but they put it under that category because of the obstruction. It makes it seem more appealing that way, to feel that you're getting more than what you're paying for. The rooms are 185 sq.ft, as one other poster clarified. I measured with a tape measurer, and they are indeed 185.

Plus, not wanting to confuse anyone, there is no balcony outside the French Doors. There are things to stand on out there, but that is for crew only. No balcony! The open doors allow you to have fresh air, but a railing keeps you inside. You're not allowed out there. No balcony.

Thanks for answering my question in detail. On HAL, this was called an oceanview with obstruction and my friends paid for it, much higher than an inside-another reason not to sail HAL.

They are not 220 sq ft. They are identical to a balcony cabin (185 sq ft) except the balcony railing/handrail is at the doorway instead of several feet out as seen in my image below. The door opens but just like a balcony door, it needs to be propped to stay open. You cannot walk outside but crew is often out there doing maintenance to the lifeboats, painting, cleaning etc. I loved the room but you do need to get a room between lifeboats or your view will be the side of the lifeboat. I think my room was 4194 but I'm not sure.

They are inside cabins - 4K is probably right but they change categories so much. As long as it says french door cabins on deck 4 you got it.

2152593730040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

2930857000040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

2129563580040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

2801789960040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

2637181900040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

Hey sorry for the miss-quote, my TA told me the wrong room size I called her back & she has now figured it out that it indeed is 185 sq ft, thanx for posting the proper info, my TA(I have only stayed in the 4k & no other interior room so im not sure if shes right) did say that the 4k have a couch in the room when the regular interiors do not! Awesome pics BTW as well I miss my 4k (4140) room already hope I can Sail the Spirit again before she leaves the U.S.

Hey sorry for the miss-quote, my TA told me the wrong room size I called her back & she has now figured it out that it indeed is 185 sq ft, thanx for posting the proper info, my TA(I have only stayed in the 4k & no other interior room so im not sure if shes right) did say that the 4k have a couch in the room when the regular interiors do not! Awesome pics BTW as well I miss my 4k (4140) room already hope I can Sail the Spirit again before she leaves the U.S.

Details for each cabin can be found at cruisedeckplans.com if you have a membership with them. It's cheap and well worth it. Here is what it says about cabin 4131 that someone asked about earlier;

Cabin 4131 4K 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed

View: obstructed French Doors

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Non-smoking (effective 12/01/11)

This is an inside cabin:Cabin 4233 4B 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: no window or balcony

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; chair and coffee table.

Non-smoking (effective 12/01/11)

Are there any similar rooms like this on the Valor? Is there OV rooms that give have doors leading outside (I thought I read that once). I am a balcony person but for my upcoming cruise I thought about downgrading. But still wanted the option of going outside for fresh air in the morning.

Are there any similar rooms like this on the Valor? Is there OV rooms that give have doors leading outside (I thought I read that once). I am a balcony person but for my upcoming cruise I thought about downgrading. But still wanted the option of going outside for fresh air in the morning.

Not exactly, but Valor does have a category 4J. They are at the very front of the ship, on a few floors. No French doors that open, no fresh air from your room. There is a picture window with an obstructed view. Outside the window is a public observation deck, overlooking the front of the ship. So you may see people (sometimes) or the barrier, with a little oceanview above the barrier. Right outside these rooms are the doors that lead out to that deck, just a few steps away. It is not private, but it's rarely used. To find these rooms on Carnival's booking engine, you'll need to click for an Interior room for these as well. On the list of types of Interiors to click on, this type of room will be obvious. These rooms will feel more motion than others, and the drapes need to be closed at night if you have lights on, or else people can see in. Some of these rooms are handicapped rooms.

Archived