9 Days on the Carnival Spirit -- October 7th to 16th

iggy's mom

After sunset, it was time for dinner.

DH started with his usual Caesar salad and I had the fruit cocktail.

DH tried the chicken tenders marinated in Thai spices. He usually sticks with what he knows, so the fact that he tried this was a big step for him.

afe913f9.jpg

I had the Asparagus Vichyssoise. This soup was sour tasting. I don't think I will be getting it again.

For dinner with both had the Tom Turkey and we both had the apple pie for dessert. I know kind-a boring on our part. We hardly ever order the same dishes.

f319d2cd.jpg

3228202b.jpg

The show in the main theater tonight was called "Comedy & Juggling with Tyler Linken." He put on a really good show.

I stopped by the Piano Bar again and once again it was fun! I may to make this a regular thing on future cruises. :)

Tonight's towel animal.

b8c9b9cc.jpg

We thought it was going to be his usually "Noon Update" (which were a hoot to listen too!)

I liked the one where he said "and the weather outside right now is (long pause) oh, christ". Like he had to move to look outside. LOL

And the other funny one was when he was in the middle of his announcement and the phone started ringing - "oh, dear". :D

Good times!

I liked the one where he said "and the weather outside right now is (long pause) oh, christ". Like he had to move to look outside. LOL

And the other funny one was when he was in the middle of his announcement and the phone started ringing - "oh, dear". :D

Good times!

I remember the phone ringing..that was funny!

Day #7 -- Puerto Vallarta

We woke before we had docked, so we quickly got ready for the day and then went out onto the open decks so we could take pictures of us coming into the harbor.

Way before leaving on the cruise DH & I have booked one of the "city" shore excursions through Carnival. We had never received our shore excursion tickets so the previous night we made our way down to the Shore Excursion desk to get the tickets. Now at this point DH & I weren't really excited about what we had booked & honestly we were enjoying just having days on the ship to be lazy, but we didn't want to loose the money paid for the tickets. The Assistant Manager at the Shore Excursion desk was incredibly helpful. It turned out that right before sailing the home office in Miami had refunded our money for these tickets. It wasn't showing up on our folio as such but it did the next day. No one was sure why this was done. The asst. manager was going to re-issue them but we decided not to go on the 4 hour bus ride. The asst. manager was very apologetic and was a little confused why we were so happy.

Our day consisted of a walking about the pier area and the surrounding area. Then enjoying the almost empty pools.

Coming into Puerto Vallarta

e7dd20b6.jpg

88235b61.jpg

d2c91860.jpg

48e24397.jpg

During the afternoon, we went to a bunch of the trivias. The "regulars" at the trivias on this cruise were a fun bunch.

We decided that we really wanted to see the sunset tonight so we decided to skip dinner in the dinning room.

The sunset did not disappoint!

0d13dfca.jpg

6d426aca.jpg

cef5f4ff.jpg

2d581912.jpg

Day #8 -- Sea Day

sniffle...the cruise is quickly coming to an end....

It was a wonderful sea day! The ocean was swaying back and forth and it was at times very windy.

The day consisted mainly of me joining just about everything there was to join and DH reading and playing his iPad games.

I went the Ship Life Q&A which is a chat hosted by the CD about life on board the ship. Also at the chat was the Asst. CD, the Dance Captain and 1 other person (I think she was the person in charge of the Technical stuff in the theater and ship wide). I've been to these on our last few Carnival cruises and I have to say that this one was the best. Fellow passengers asked smart questions and the 4 people on stage genuinely seemed interested in sharing and answering questions.

DH went to the Game of Love (Love and Marriage Show) as this is one of his "can't miss" activities. I usually skip it. He said this one was okay.

Some ship pictures:

eed959dc.jpg

9093bb63.jpg

700f19a9.jpg

28b962a1.jpg

ba3750ec.jpg

e8c8e5bf.jpg

43c3cca7.jpg

At dinner, DH had his usual Caesar salad, while I had the green bean and tomato salad.

e9786d65.jpg

123958b6.jpg

I had the corn chowder and forget what DH's other starter on this night was.

30bfc24e.jpg

Once again for our main entree, we both ordered the same thing. This time it was the Grilled Tiger Shrimp.

7edd6f6c.jpg

Desserts:

f6926917.jpg

d3897a54.jpg

The show in Pharaoh's Palace on this night was "The Big Easy." The CD had promoted this as her favorite show and I know on past cruises we have liked it, however on this one it was that good. There were sound issues (mikes not working and the like) throughout the performance.

We then went to the adults only comedy show. The comedian we saw was Seth Buchwald and we both really enjoyed his act!

Tonight's towel animal.

b89beb17.jpg

Day #9 -- Last Sea Day

Today was a little sad as it was the last day of our vacation, but it was a beautiful day. The sky was nice, the sea was rockin' and rollin' and it was cool outside.

DH had a spa appointment on this day. It consisted of a haircut, a mini facial and a neck/shoulder massage. He liked all and has remarked that the haircut is "the best."

I spent the day joining activities and DH joined me a a few of the trivia activities.

I did go to the debark talk as I wanted to hear about self-debark in San Pedro. DH & I had been going back & forth on if we wanted to do self-debark or put the bags out in the hall the night before. Our past 3 Carnival cruises we have done either the luggage express option (Spirit out of Seattle and the Dream out of Orlando) or self debark (Splendor out of Long Beach). The luggage express was wonderful while the self debark on the Splendor was a mess. We had received our luggage tags the day before and we were Zone 24 (the last zone...to be called off the ship at about 10:15-10:30) and if we did debark our deck would be called around 8:30. We eventually decided to do self-debark.

Pictures of the day.

00d8dafb.jpg

e6df04f7.jpg

f17998b4.jpg

6c80b017.jpg

Soon it was time for our last dinner in the dining room.

DH started with the Caesar salad and I had the fruit cocktail. We both also had the crab cake. In the past I have enjoyed this however this time it tasted very fishy.

6d66b7de.jpg

I'm not sure why DH had the "gourmet" burger again, but he did. I had the salmon which was

good.

6216e011.jpg

00c23242.jpg

DH had one final WCMC and I had the Grand Marnier Souffle which was very good.

e38d57c6.jpg

After dinner we used up the last of our internet minutes on the package we had purchased and then we were off to the see the comedians. We saw the family show for Seth Buchwald. We had really enjoyed his adult show the night before and we enjoyed this show as well. We also stayed and saw the adult show for the other comedian, Russ Nagel. I didn't care for his show at all. I thought DH was going to like him but it turns out he agreed with me.

Then for some bizarre reason, DH decided "we" wanted to go to the Legends show. I reminded him of the concept of the show and how in the past we either of walked out of it or skipped it all together. Well, after 1 performance he said we could leave. :rolleyes:

Soon it was off to sleep.

DH's ships on a stick:

ae9d6b5c.jpg

Our last towel animal:

9c5cb868.jpg

Archived