"Travel in Russia" tours of St Petersburg 1 Day

Sorry, I see there is ton of information for one day trips. I will research them.

In case it it helps, these plus the Yusupov Palace and a canal tour are staples on a typical 2 day tour :

The Fountains of Peterhof

The Catherine Palace at Pushkin

Peter and Paul Fortress/Cathedral

St Isaac's Cathedral

Church of Our Saviour on the Spilled Blood

The Winter Palace/Hermitage State Museum

So whilst you can't do all these in one day you could do the 2 outlying venues (Peterhof and the Catherine Palace) plus 2 others, or all 4 of the others 'in town'.

All the best, Tony

Sorry, I see there is ton of information for one day trips. I will research them.

Here is a link to the one day tours offered by SPB, one of the companies recommended by CC passengers in recent years. Sorry you only get a day. There is so much to see.

As you will see SPB offers three different tours, two of whichinclude time in the Hermitage.

http://www.spb-tours.com/st-petersburg/en/1-day%20tour

In case it it helps, these plus the Yusupov Palace and a canal tour are staples on a typical 2 day tour :

The Fountains of Peterhof

The Catherine Palace at Pushkin

Peter and Paul Fortress/Cathedral

St Isaac's Cathedral

Church of Our Saviour on the Spilled Blood

The Winter Palace/Hermitage State Museum

So whilst you can't do all these in one day you could do the 2 outlying venues (Peterhof and the Catherine Palace) plus 2 others, or all 4 of the others 'in town'.

All the best, Tony

Thanks Tony, You gotta love youtube! I enjoyed watching them all. Catherine Palace is definitely on my list.

Here is a link to the one day tours offered by SPB, one of the companies recommended by CC passengers in recent years. Sorry you only get a day. There is so much to see.

As you will see SPB offers three different tours, two of whichinclude time in the Hermitage.

http://www.spb-tours.com/st-petersburg/en/1-day%20tour

Great information, and saved me a ton of work! Thanks to both of you.

SPB 1 day tours are quite good. Just need to decide on which one to take. They are very similar.

Yes 1 day hardly seems like enough, but it is better than none in the grand scheme of things:D

Thanks Tony, You gotta love youtube! I enjoyed watching them all. Catherine Palace is definitely on my list.

Yes 1 day hardly seems like enough, but it is better than none in the grand scheme of things:D

Thanks. One day is not enough but if you get up early, finish late and have a lunch on the run you will still have a fantastic day. SPB will ensure that happens. You'll surely go the Hermitage, and if you go to the Catherine Palace and can fit in the Yusupov Palace that should sate your desire to see palaces :)

In case it's of interest I made similar-style videos for Copenhagen, Berlin, Tallin, Stockholm/Vasa Museum and Helsinki/Suomenlinna, and they are all somewhere in that same YT account. But you seem very well ahead with your planning for what I think is probably the best cruise of them all, and there's no way you won't love every minute of it.

Thanks. One day is not enough but if you get up early, finish late and have a lunch on the run you will still have a fantastic day. SPB will ensure that happens. You'll surely go the Hermitage, and if you go to the Catherine Palace and can fit in the Yusupov Palace that should sate your desire to see palaces :)

In case it's of interest I made similar-style videos for Copenhagen, Berlin, Tallin, Stockholm/Vasa Museum and Helsinki/Suomenlinna, and they are all somewhere in that same YT account. But you seem very well ahead with your planning for what I think is probably the best cruise of them all, and there's no way you won't love every minute of it.

Oh that is great,,,since we are going to all but Berlin I will be sure to look them up on your YT account this weekend. We will be staying 2 nights pre cruise in Copenhagen. Vasa is another on my list of must dos!. Haven't heard of your Helsinki/Suomenlinna but will look it up too.

Thank you so much for taking the time to pass this info on. :D

Concerning Russia, If you take a ship sponsored excursion, then I have been told that you do not need a separate visa. However, if you take a private tour, that you do.

Does that also mean, if you take a 1 day ship tour, and just want to get off the boat, and "walk around" you need a visa?

Please advise

Concerning Russia, If you take a ship sponsored excursion, then I have been told that you do not need a separate visa. However, if you take a private tour, that you do.

Does that also mean, if you take a 1 day ship tour, and just want to get off the boat, and "walk around" you need a visa?

Please advise

Anytime you leave the ship and have to go thru Russian immegration, you need some sort of documentation saying you have a temporary Russian visa. An independent tour will send you the paperwork for you to show immegration when you pass thru. A ship's tour will probably supply you with the same thing.

Sorry, but unless you get your own visas you simply cannot walk off the ship on your own.

Things ARE changing and maybe, in the near future, you may be able to do this, but just not now.

Cheers

Len

Archived