While on Board - bought FCC and applied for Funpoints card

New2Cruising24

Hello All,

I'm beginning to get concerned, perhaps without warrant, I hope? While on board last week - Valor (great cruise), we purchased a FCC $100 deposit one. In addition we signed up for the Carnival funpoints card as there was a special.

We did get the FCC printed and have it in hand and it was charged to the same card that paid the Sign and Sail (not new account as promised if approved). Have not heard yay or nay regarding the account approval. Maybe I just didn't get approved (don't think so, but anything is possible)? I would have thought I would hear one way or the other, any experiences with this?

How would I go about finding that out? Who would you call? I tried the Barclays website and my info is not there?

Just concerned about my personal info being out there somewhere and no application yay or nay?

Thanks as always. Also, a great big thanks to all on CC for the invaluable info regarding Carnival, it was our first and not our last!! :)

It's only been a week or so. Give it a little time.

I am hoping it's just a timing thing. I'm just anxious to know and was hoping that the S&S charges could have earned me double points on the new card, but we signed up too late on the cruise, I guess (last sea day). So technically it hasn't even been a week...feels like ages ago though now that I'm back to work :eek:

Thanks for your reply, I'll try to be patient! :p

It took about two weeks for my card to show up. I did some balance transfers to it and made one charge. I got points for the transfer and got 5000 points as soon as I made the first charge. My onboard charges were charged to the new card and also got double points for those. The FCC I bought on board was charged to my origional card that I set up the S&S card with. So far seems on the up and up to me. It also seems much better organized and regulated than the old Carnival card. Once you receive your card call and have it activated you will be able to access and set up your account on the Barcleys web site.

Took us less than a month, that used to be a good deal, still is if you pay your balance each month, but the interest rate that I got vs. what the gf, who has the same real good credit rating that I do, got was totally different in the span of about 3 years. They have done like everyone else and raised their rates really high to discourage people from carrying balances. So don't be surprised if the rate is about 18% or more now, vs. the 9.99% that the same rating would have gotten you a few years back.

I use mine all the time for my work expenses and pay it off at the end of the month, saves me hundreds on my cruises. Really sweet if you want to do that, and you want to cruise. Love those double points. Also love those future cruise certificates, it is like getting 2 for 1, also.

I didn't get a response about the card for 6 months!

WOW! That's a looong time. I've never waited more then 3 wks tops.

We pay our balances off monthly too. HATE paying interest.

We've got $350.00 of OBC thanks to the card.

We sail the 30th. There are a couple of DOD's waiting with our names on them. :)

Took us less than a month, that used to be a good deal, still is if you pay your balance each month, but the interest rate that I got vs. what the gf, who has the same real good credit rating that I do, got was totally different in the span of about 3 years. They have done like everyone else and raised their rates really high to discourage people from carrying balances. So don't be surprised if the rate is about 18% or more now, vs. the 9.99% that the same rating would have gotten you a few years back.

I use mine all the time for my work expenses and pay it off at the end of the month, saves me hundreds on my cruises. Really sweet if you want to do that, and you want to cruise. Love those double points. Also love those future cruise certificates, it is like getting 2 for 1, also.

Thanks, hoping we got it so we can do exactly that. Use it and pay it off each month and rack up the points :)

I did both about a year ago and were notified we were approved while on board and it was charged to the new account.

Thanks Stu, what day of your cruise did you apply? I'm hoping because we applied the last sea day, Saturday, back on Sunday, it was just a bad timing thing?

WOW! That's a looong time. I've never waited more then 3 wks tops.

We pay our balances off monthly too. HATE paying interest.

We've got $350.00 of OBC thanks to the card.

We sail the 30th. There are a couple of DOD's waiting with our names on them. :)

Yikes, that is a long time, I think I'll go bonkers having to wait that long for a response...

We were denied, and got a letter in the mail about 1.5-2 weeks after letting us know.

Thanks for letting me know your experience!

It took about two weeks for my card to show up. I did some balance transfers to it and made one charge. I got points for the transfer and got 5000 points as soon as I made the first charge. My onboard charges were charged to the new card and also got double points for those. The FCC I bought on board was charged to my origional card that I set up the S&S card with. So far seems on the up and up to me. It also seems much better organized and regulated than the old Carnival card. Once you receive your card call and have it activated you will be able to access and set up your account on the Barcleys web site.

Thanks for the info, AWCHIEF, will hopefully be setting up the account online soon :)

We did this on a cruise in Jan 2011 and we found out about an hour after back at the same desk which was setting up the accounts and our Sign and Sail balance was placed on the new card so you can start getting the double points for all Carnival Cruise items

We did this on a cruise in Jan 2011 and we found out about an hour after back at the same desk which was setting up the accounts and our Sign and Sail balance was placed on the new card so you can start getting the double points for all Carnival Cruise items

Thanks for sharing your experience, now I'm bummed, would have loved those double points. It seemed the staff at that desk was swamped, maybe they didn't get our app in on time for this? or at all, which has me worried too :(

Would guess a couple of days before we got back to port.

Not entirely sure though. Think you should have known something by now though.

Thanks, still holding out a wee bit of hope that since we applied on Saturday night - only 4 hours before they closed the desk for the remainder of the cruise, that they were just swamped and didn't get them in on time. I'll start calling by the end of the week? Thanks for responding! :D

Archived