Coral Breeze Cave Tubing

gail811

I want to take this time to sing the praises of Coral Breeze! We arrived in Belize on April 1 aboard the Carnival Miracle. I arrived late at the pier with my party (two of whom were sick and had to cancel) and our tour guide Ivar was still waiting for us! Not only did he wait, he did not charge for the two that had to cancel. Ivar was friendly and informative from the first minute we met. On the long ride out to the jungle/river he filled us full of information about the history of Belize. My party included myself, a friend( 2 months pregnant) and my 73 year old mother. Ivar's cousin took charge of carrying my mothers tube the entire way and Ivar held her hand over every "bump" in the trail. All along the walk he took his time to explain the vegetation and animals that we saw. Once in the water he was attentive to my mother and made sure she never had to paddle in the low areas. He would walk along beside her holding her hand and pulling her through the low areas. The water was low but I have NO REGRETS.....the "rear end" dragging over a few rocks now and then was a small price to pay for the incredible sights and sounds of the caves and the ride down the river!!! Since we were pressed for time we changed our lunch plans and he managed to get us a hot lunch fresh off the grill....on site...and on real plates no less! The food was incredible! Ivar was aware the entire time what time the last tender left for the ship, and true to his word we arrived on time. We had two guides for the three of us, unlike the ships tours we saw floating down as we walked towards the starting point....they had maybe 3 guides to 25-30 people. The rest of our party went snorkling with the rays and sharks and they were equally impressed with the quality of the experience. Bravo Coral Breeze...you have a top notch business and employees!

We have booked with Coral Breeze for August. How long did it take you to get a tender off the boat? How much time did you have left after you arrived back at the peir to tender? Did you have time to shop or get there just in time to get the last tender? Thanks!

Hi Gail!

That's great news that your 73 yr old mother was able to do the trip!

Based on yours, or anyone else who may be reading that has done it, I came across a new friend on a message board, who wants to do it, but is fearful she might not be "able" to do it. She said she is about 250 pounds, but can walk just fine, but is just overweight and maybe a little slower of a walker. I asked if she would be able to walk over "uneven" terrain and she said that wouldnt be a problem at all. Her biggest concern is fitting in the tube or fitting in the cave (I told her about the people who have to "lift their rears" for rocks and what not). Anyone have an opinion? Should I tell her to not come?

-Jill

Excitedcruiser: Tenders are quick, a 10 minute boat ride in. Carnival Miracle tenders all Carnival tours off first, all others get a numbered ticket. It should not be a problem. We did not have enough time to shop when we got back. Unless you are on a very early tour with the ship I doubt you will. With that said, there are vendors with booths at the place everyone departs and returns from tubing. The operators of the outside tours know exactly how long it takes for the drive and do not want to risk getting anyone back late! They also have cell phones and contact the port if there is a problem (flat tire or something) You will love the experience!

Jill: I would have your friend send Coral Breeze an e-mail and ask her questions. They are good about responding. The rainy season is starting and I would guess that as the water rises the "lifting of the rear" will no longer be necessary. And all the more reason to go with this company...personal attention! The uneven terrain is mostly roots on the path. There are a few sets of stairs built into the path, and as for the caves...they are huge! I can't speak for the size of the tube since 250 pounds can be distributed lots of different ways! I will say that Ivars cousin was probably around 210 and he had no problems.

Gail

Archived