Glory to New England & Canada Synopsis 10/8/2011

crisperjr

great thread! thanks for all of the help! We sail Oct 6th on the Glory! Getting so excited! Hubby's 40th bday while on board and just after our 10th anniv. Decided to take the kids with us.

I rented cars in Halifax and St John with 4 of us to pay for --a much more economical deal.

great thread! thanks for all of the help! We sail Oct 6th on the Glory! Getting so excited! Hubby's 40th bday while on board and just after our 10th anniv. Decided to take the kids with us.

I rented cars in Halifax and St John with 4 of us to pay for --a much more economical deal.

Hope your weather is as great as ours was!

Oliver

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Can you tell me where you rented the car in ST. John? I cannot find a car rental unless it is at the airport? Any assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

ML

Hi, Can you tell me where you rented the car in ST. John? I cannot find a car rental unless it is at the airport? Any assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

ML

I saw this address for Avis in Saint John:

Avis - Saint John, NB

4 Water Street

Saint John, NB ,E2L 2A5 ,CA

(1) 506-634-7750

It looks rather close to the cruise port.

Oliver

Knowing that the terminal is well marked helps. It sounds like that part will be easy enough for us.

We went to Seattle for an Alaskan cruise with HAL in September. This is probably part of the reason that we are so nervous about driving to the port for the next cruise. The terminal was not listed in the GPS so we used the address for the terminal. It sent us to a residential area. There were no signs telling us where we needed to go. We could see the ship, just couldn't get there. We finally found a Starbucks with free internet (they're on every street corner in Seattle EXCEPT for the area we were in), unpacked the computer & went to the website for directions. All 4 of us (DB & his wife went with us on this one) were so frustrated when we finally got there. Thank goodness the cruise was great! It made up for the frustration of getting there.

We're hoping to find a hotel that has a parking & ride program to park the van & take a shuttle, taxi or service to port but haven't had much luck yet. I still have 9 months for my research.

Thanks for the help.

Karla

There are no hotels with cruise parking in Manhattan, there are some in NYC (Queens, brooklyn and Staten Island) but they are far from the port. Your best bet would be to look for a hotel in New Jersey, there are plenty that have cruise parking.

Try Homewood Suites by Hilton® Edgewater-NYC Area they are right by the ferry to Manhattan.

We are also sailing on the Oct 6 cruise and want to rent a car in Halifax, Where did you rent from?

Jerry

We are also sailing on the Oct 6 cruise and want to rent a car in Halifax, Where did you rent from?

Jerry

I rented a car in Halifax from Avis at this location:

1717 Grafton Street

Halifax, NS, (1) 902-492-2847

I had called them directly ahead of time, told them of my up coming cruise. They said just call us when we get off the ship, and they will pick us up at the bar across from the pier.

They are located a couple of miles from the pier. Very easy.

Oliver

Oliver, Loved the video and all the threads. We are taking the Glory on a 5-day out of Boston in July. Can't wait!!

Paul

Thank You Paul!

Enjoy your cruise! Will you have a chance to spend some pre-cruise time in Boston? I loved Boston!

Oliver

• 7 months later...

Hi.

I'd like to add my name to list of people who enjoyed your review, pics, and video.

I'm going to be doing a similar 7-day itinerary out of Boston on the Glory this summer with parents, sister, and nephew, so now I have a "sneak preview".

Again, thanks.

Archived