RCCL Visa~~Instant Rewards Redemption

Just received the following in my RCCL Visa card statement:

1. After you reserve your cruise vacation, simply visit RoyalCaribbean.com/RoyalRewardsOnline to view...options available to you and click to make your choice.

2. Redemption is instant and you'll immediately receive an e-mail confirmation.

3. Give your e-mail confirmation to your travel agent or call Royal Caribbean to apply your Reward Redemption to your cruise vacation, or if you prefer to redeem by phone, call 888-305-4626.:)

I cashed in 25,000 points on 9-15-11 and still do not see them on my reservation page. I called first of Oct and they said I should see anytime, anybody got a clue how long?

I did get an email within seconds of cashing in my points. Would this be enough to show when I board?

Just received the following in my RCCL Visa card statement:

1. After you reserve your cruise vacation, simply visit RoyalCaribbean.com/RoyalRewardsOnline to view...options available to you and click to make your choice.

2. Redemption is instant and you'll immediately receive an e-mail confirmation.

3. Give your e-mail confirmation to your travel agent or call Royal Caribbean to apply your Reward Redemption to your cruise vacation, or if you prefer to redeem by phone, call 888-305-4626.:)

I got the same notice and am so pysched! This is so much better for people like me that book last minute! I use to stress about my OBC not making it in time!

Wait a minute, if the process is "automatic" and online now, why do I have to call RCCL or give my email to my TA?????:confused: The is no confirmation number on the confirmation email so what good is it really? Should I just assume the online process went through the system or do I have to call and check?

Either its on line and automatic or it isn't.:rolleyes: Doesn't sound that much better to me if I still have to handle paper or make a telephone call.

Wait a minute, if the process is "automatic" and online now, why do I have to call RCCL or give my email to my TA?????:confused: The is no confirmation number on the confirmation email so what good is it really? Should I just assume the online process went through the system or do I have to call and check?

Either its on line and automatic or it isn't.:rolleyes: Doesn't sound that much better to me if I still have to handle paper or make a telephone call.

I was thinking the same thing.

It is on-line and automatic (or at least it should be). I went on-line and it was applied immediately, however I did have to request RC send me a new confirmation page to actually see that the credit was there. I would have to look to see when this was to be sure, but it was at least 3 months ago and my cruise is not until January 2012.

It is not really an instant process. The request are submitted online and then processed by the rewards department based on when your sail date is.

I am one of the "lucky" ones that the online process is not really working for :rolleyes: My points don't want to seem to transfer between Bank of America and Royal. Royal had to have my points reset so I could start the redemption process again and I still don't have a completed redemption :mad: I feel like I would have been much better off with a paper voucher!!!

I am not an expert by any means, just had a lot of conversations with redemptions lately. According to most of the reps I talked with, it is easier to apply the points to an existing reservation. You can call them at 1-888-305-4626 to ask which is the best way now with the new process in place.

Archived