3rd&4th passenger rate

yitao

I notice the 3rd and the 4th passenger 's price are different for different sailing date, for example, FOS, some sailing dateth 3rd and the 4th passenger' price is $ 499 / person, some sailing are $ 399 per person, some even cheaper, is there a rule to follow? Thanks.

Also - be sure and check what happens to the 1st and 2nd cruiser's price when you add the 3rd and 4th person. Usually, those go up, as the cost for the 3rd and 4th go down. I've priced this several times and we found that it only costs about $10-80 more to get a second cabin instead of cramming everyone into one. And, that cost is because of port fees - not cabin price. For our upcoming cruise -party of 9 (one family of 7) we ended up with 4 cabins and it only cost $20 more (total) than getting 3 cabins.

Supply and demand. Some weeks sell better, so the price will be higher.

Yes, I think this is true. Supply and demand have a powerful impact on pricing. Sometimes you can even see differences in categories on the same sailing, which most likely means some categories aren't selling as well as others. Also I think 3rd and 4th pax rates may tend to be higher during prime times for family sailing (like school break times and summer.)

TSC gave good advice - if it's feasible for you to book 2 cabins, take a look at the difference in cost. Sometimes that diff is minimal and it's worth it to have 2 bathrooms!

Judy

If there is a logic to 3rd/4th pricing, it must be pretty advanced math.

We booked 3 in an inside, and 2 in an inside on the Mariner this December. The 3 booked at $449/$199, and the 2 booked at $519 and they are next to each other! They were running some kind of family special which made the 3rd/4th so inexpensive. I have never cruised for so little.

Archived