accupunture aboard Summit

nuekruizer

I have back problems and was considering the accupunture therapy aboard Summit, but am skeptical. Has anyone tried this? Did you notice improvement? Is is uncomfortable? I dont want to wind up being in worse shape with pin pricks during the cruise.

Not sure I would want to chance it... How do you find out if the therapists know what they are doing of.Much better to find someone near to where you live...Just my thoughts..Sharon..

I have back problems and was considering the accupunture therapy aboard Summit, but am skeptical. Has anyone tried this? Did you notice improvement? Is is uncomfortable? I dont want to wind up being in worse shape with pin pricks during the cruise.

While we were on the Summit in 2009 I did the accupunture. I had lower back pain. It was very relaxing. I bought a 3 or 4 session package. It did seem to help. If I had back pain again I would not hesitate to do it again.

It was not cheap, did not compare to prices at home. The only thing I didn't like was they tried to sell vitamins at the last session.

The fact that the acupuncture on board has lasted a couple years shows that there is enough interest on board to keep it going.

To me the whole idea of starting an acupuncture treatment on a cruise seems a little odd.

I've been having acupuncture on my knee over the past year and it has been a very effective and relatively painless treatment.

I would caution that starting this treatment out of the blue for a back problem may not be the best idea. Prior to my treatments, I had seen my doctor who sent me to a registered physiotherapist and then the therapist did a full assessment prior to administering acupuncture.

Enjoy your cruise :)

I would not feel comfortable obtaining a medical treatment on a cruise ship outside of in the case of an emergency. If you are interested in acupuncture do this in your home area where you can research the people that will be treating you and there will be more accountability.

Last year one of the ladies that was on our trip had several accupunture treatments while on board and she felt worse. Someone on our trip last month had one as well and she said it was no where near as effect as the ones she gets from her local accupunturist near her home.

If you've never had acupuncture, I would recommend seeing a local one in your area 1st before considering the ship. Acupuncture is effective for pain management but you may feel some discomfort just after the session before getting pain relief. If you decide to see an acupuncturist in your area or on the ship make sure they are licensed.

Archived