New Orleans on Christmas Day

shipshipship

We are arriving in New Orleans 9 pm Christmas Day and will be staying at the Intercontential. Planning on walking to the French Quarter for a bit of sight seeing and breakfact prior to boarding the Elastion on the morning of December 26th. Wondering if anyone knows if anything will be open in the French Quater on the 25th.

Cathy

• 2 weeks later...

Tujague's on Decatur St. will be open - I have already seen their ad for both Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. They are supposed to be very good. I'll keep looking for ads, but I would think some of the restaurants in hotels will be open.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.nomenu.com/joomla1/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1093&Itemid=218

See above link for restaurants on Christmas. There will be restaurants open - but I do not know how late. There will be bars open. It is New Orleans after all.

The Saints are playing Atlanta in the Superdome on Monday night, 12/26, so I think there will be quite a few Falcon fans in town.

I think most of the posters were commenting on the sightseeing part of the question. There will certainly be dining options. Typical sightseeing will be in short supply I think based on past experience. The museums and stores will be closed and any steetcars, etc will be on holiday schedule. Some bars will obviously be open. Your still leaving on a cruise so it will all be good. Enjoy.:D

Archived