A124 average cruisers ages!!

greshna

I was wondering what the average age of cruisers will be, whether Azura is a younger persons or older persons ship? as some of the cruises have definately been more one way than the other. I will be in the 45-50 age bracket!!:eek:

I was wondering what the average age of cruisers will be, whether Azura is a younger persons or older persons ship? as some of the cruises have definately been more one way than the other. I will be in the 45-50 age bracket!!:eek:

Somewhere in the middle. Older than Ventura, younger than Aurora.

Also depends when and where you go. During school holidays there will be more families, in the shoulder seasons an older crowd. Also fewer older cruisers want to fly so a Caribbean cruise will have a more mixed crowd. However, on balance having been on Azura and Ventura, the average age on Azura is a fair bit older than Ventura. Ive just read a review of some 30 something Honeymooners who went on Azura and felt misled as their travel agent said there would be others their age but they found themselves isolated and even felt as though some traditional cruisers resented them being there which is a real shame.

Very much depends on when you cruise, we cruised Azura in August and it had the lowest average age of any cruise we have been on, even discounting the number of children, lots of young couples and young families, at 67 each we were definitely in the geriatric 10%.

But your cruise is a Transatlantic repositioning cruise and I very much suspect that you might be the yougest passenger on board, hope I am wrong but I imagine that 5/6 continuous sea days is likely to appeal to the older more somnolent cruiser.

Come back and let us know afterwards.

Very much depends on when you cruise, we cruised Azura in August and it had the lowest average age of any cruise we have been on, even discounting the number of children, lots of young couples and young families, at 67 each we were definitely in the geriatric 10%.

But your cruise is a Transatlantic repositioning cruise and I very much suspect that you might be the yougest passenger on board, hope I am wrong but I imagine that 5/6 continuous sea days is likely to appeal to the older more somnolent cruiser.

Come back and let us know afterwards.

You are always going to get older cruisers on cruises out of school holidays. If the cruise is long you will also get older cruisers. Short 7 to 10 day cruises tend to get more of a mix.

It is only common sence only older and retired cruisers can have the time for long out of season cruises. Why this supprises people I do not know.

BTW we have met younger cruisers who love sea days. I do not know what age has to do with likeing sea or port days.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

We have done several repositioning transatlantic cruises and have always found the ages on board to be younger than other cruises - perhaps because they are considerably cheaper?

But to be honest, we have never found the average age on board to be a problem, no matter what age that may be. And I agree with Dai - I don't think age has anything to do with enjoying or not enjoying sea days.

It can vary due to the lengh of the cruise.. as those who work are limited to how much time off they can have... Then school holidays.. again it will be parents and childfen... then destination.. I have read that the lower age range passangers is on the Canaries routes and older on the Baltic / Norway routes...

so Canaries cruise in school holiday it likely to be full of families etc..

We have done several repositioning transatlantic cruises and have always found the ages on board to be younger than other cruises - perhaps because they are considerably cheaper?

But to be honest, we have never found the average age on board to be a problem, no matter what age that may be. And I agree with Dai - I don't think age has anything to do with enjoying or not enjoying sea days.

I did the repositioning cruise - UK to Caribbean - 2 years ago on Ventura. The age demographic was fairly young including many families with school age children.

Archived