Any Non Drinkers?

timetogosoon

Good to know there are other cruisers that aren't into spending money on the alcohol. We also don't drink coffee or caffeinated tea, so do they serve juice or lemonade all the time or just at certain times?

Juice in the mornings.......

Lemonade @ Lunch & Dinner...

Good thread! I don't drink either. So far if you tally up the expenses from all my cruises - and I have had quite a few cruises under my belt - my total bar bill is exactly zero. :p

But I am looking to break that record. :D So can someone recommend a few drinks that taste really good virgin?

So is there ANYONE out there who does not drink at all? DH and I do not drink, and I know that a lot of the appeal for most people is all the alcohol on board... My question is, do they have fun non alcoholic drinks like virgin pina coladas or daiquiris?

i've only been on 6 cruises but i've never had an alcoholic drink on a cruise ship. they have the virgin drinks, but i've never tried those either. this isnt any help too you i realize. i always have fun without drinking is all i can tell you :D

You can get some AWESOME non-alcholic drinks! The first thing I do in March will be to order a virgin Kiss On the Lips. Also, I got to know the bartender on our last cruise and she started recommending non-alcholic drinks that weren't on the menu. She even reinvented a DOD to make a non-alcohol alternative. It was like a super-enhanced fruit cocktail and by far one of the best things I've ever had.

We also don't do tea, coffee, or alcohol. Never had a problem with it at all. You can also bring on a 12 pack of soda on for each of you if you want to drink soda. I love a good virgin daiquiri. They are way yummy. I am a total cheapskate, though, and will only buy 1-2 over the whole week. With the juice in the morning, you can bring an insulated mug with a tight fitting lid from home and fill it up in the morning to drink all day. Hope you have a great cruise!!

Good to know there are other cruisers that aren't into spending money on the alcohol. We also don't drink coffee or caffeinated tea, so do they serve juice or lemonade all the time or just at certain times?

With a soda card , you can get all the orange , pineapple , apple , cranberry , tomato , juice you want at any bar , It's included in the soda card / sticker

I have noting but respect for those that can have fun without alcohol, but some of the comments on this thread are quite judgmental of those that choose to enjoy an alcoholic beverage. That's just not right.

I am also a non-alcoholic drinker, I just can’t stand the taste. Although my sister totally disagrees with me. I’ve been told you need to acquire a taste for it. But what’s the point of trying to like something that taste totally nasty, and then you have to pay a lot of money for it.

My sisters and I are Elite members with Princess so we are lucky in that our fridge is stock up the first time for free. We gather all the alcohol, water and sodas together and Room Service trades them for Sprite Zero. Some times they even trade 2 sodas for each bottle of alcohol.

In some of the posts I saw several drinks mentioned that I haven’t heard about. Would someone be kind enough to describe these drinks for me?

1). Kiss on the lips

2). DOD

3). Virgin Miami Vice

Thank you, Kathy

We also don't do tea, coffee, or alcohol. Never had a problem with it at all. You can also bring on a 12 pack of soda on for each of you if you want to drink soda. I love a good virgin daiquiri. They are way yummy. I am a total cheapskate, though, and will only buy 1-2 over the whole week. With the juice in the morning, you can bring an insulated mug with a tight fitting lid from home and fill it up in the morning to drink all day. Hope you have a great cruise!!

We also don't drink alcohol, coffee or tea probably for the same reason you don't. My wife always orders the virgin foo foo drinks. She enjoys them once or twice on a cruise. Me I stick to the free lemonade and good old water.

Wiz

Good thread! I don't drink either. So far if you tally up the expenses from all my cruises - and I have had quite a few cruises under my belt - my total bar bill is exactly zero. :p

But I am looking to break that record. :D So can someone recommend a few drinks that taste really good virgin?

Daiquiris, any flavor, I love strawberry, peach and my new favorite, Banana. Kiss on the Lips (Mango) Pina Coloda( pineapple, coconut).

I am also a non-alcoholic drinker, I just can’t stand the taste. Although my sister totally disagrees with me. I’ve been told you need to acquire a taste for it. But what’s the point of trying to like something that taste totally nasty, and then you have to pay a lot of money for it.

My sisters and I are Elite members with Princess so we are lucky in that our fridge is stock up the first time for free. We gather all the alcohol, water and sodas together and Room Service trades them for Sprite Zero. Some times they even trade 2 sodas for each bottle of alcohol.

In some of the posts I saw several drinks mentioned that I haven’t heard about. Would someone be kind enough to describe these drinks for me?

1). Kiss on the lips

2). DOD

3). Virgin Miami Vice

Thank you, Kathy

Kiss on the Lips is Mango flavored, very good

DOD is the Drink of the Day ( different every day) some of them were Caribbean Breeze and Goombay Smash last week on the Fantasy. I didn't try them so I don't know what's in them (sorry)

Virgin Miami Vice, didn't try that either, couldn't get away from the virgin Banana Daiquiri's, yummy!!!

We don't drink, smoke, drink tea or coffee. We're happy to save all that money, and I usually get a soda card, but that's it. We don't have to worry about a nasty hangover either.

1). Kiss on the lips

2). DOD

3). Virgin Miami Vice

Thank you, Kathy

I agree with you about stuff you have to "acquire a taste for" . The first time you try something , you either like it or you don't. Why waste time and money learning to like it when there is so much out there you know you enjoy. Just order that.

DW and I are more social drinkers . We sometimes cruise witha large group of friends and at those times we don't go crazy , but we will drink a liitle more than usual. When just the two of us cruise if we have 2 drinks a day MAYBE..... thats a lot.

Archived