Carnival Freedom with Teens

delluser

We are taking our threee teens (13, 14, 15) on their first cruise for our March 2012 Spring Break. Has anyone been on this ship with teens? Will there be enough for them to do on sea days and in the evening? How is the teen program onboard?

Your teens will be in two different groups. The older one will be in Club 02. It's been awhile since either of ours have been in the younger groups.

Both groups do similar things- scavenger hunts, video games, contests, dances, smoothie parties, basketball, watch the shows, etc. Club02 also does a shore excursion. It is an regularly scheduled ship's excursion and a camp counselor chaperones the kids.

On a port day the clubs do not usually open until after first dinner. On sea days the clubs run from morning to night with breaks for meals. Sometimes they will eat together on the lido deck.

Have them attend the frist night's meeting.

Was on the exact ship Nov 09 with my then 13, 18,19 yr old kids! I gotta say that my kids had an amazing time!!! My youngest hung mainly with his sisters and did a bit of stuff with the other youth on the ship. The eldest girls booked thier own excursions and did horseback riding on the beach and said they LOVED it! They all participated in the Deck Party as well and said it was the BEST time they had ever had! We also did some amazing shopping prior to going which put them all in a fun mood! I know that my eldest was bummed she couldnt drink cuz at home she was old enough but had a great time with no alcohol. We all ate together each night and afterwards they were able to have thier own fun. It is ultimately an amazing ship. During the day the kids had fun with the waterslides,pools and all the food they could eat!

Archived