Xunantunich or Altun Ha?

MrDannyOcean

My wife and I are going to do a Mayan Ruin tour, and we're trying to figure out whether to go to Xuanatunich or Altun Ha.

Does anybody have any advice? Any good or bad experiences to impart about these sites? We'll be going on Carnival, although I'm not sure whether we'll use the official Carnival tour or a private company's tour.

Thanks for any advice!

Danny

The Xunantunich excursion sponsored by Carnival has been sold out the past week or two for our cruise in 2 weeks. It is the only excursion sold out in Belize right now. That should tell you which is more popular than the other?

If I were you, if interested, I'd seriously consider doingthe Xunantunich excursion throught the ship. We will be in Belize for 8 hours and the trip takes 7 hours. If doing this trip privately, you are at a high risk of missing the ship upon return back to Belize. The bus trip alone (after the 7 or so mile tender to Belize city from the ship) is 2 hours each way.

I'm glad you asked this because we were considering what to do in Belize. The Altun Ha sounded interesting but the reviews on carnival's site were split. We'll look more closely at Xunatunich. Our other ports are Costa Maya and Cozumel (and Roatan) and we were also trying to decide if we might rather do Mayan ruins in one of the other ports.

Archived