if you can 'upgrade' can you 'downgrade'?

cruisenotbooze

What if i decided that i wanted to move to a lower level to be closer to elderly family members who have now booked? would that be possible? Another family member helped them pick a room based only on the prox. to the elevators, with non consideration to where the rest of us would be. duh? they now dont want to upgrade due to budget. They already paid in full. grrrrrrr... if i cant downgrade, i will pay the difference for them to upgrade. just curious. and if i did downgrade, then would i get an obc?

What if i decided that i wanted to move to a lower level to be closer to elderly family members who have now booked? would that be possible? Another family member helped them pick a room based only on the prox. to the elevators, with non consideration to where the rest of us would be. duh? they now dont want to upgrade due to budget. They already paid in full. grrrrrrr... if i cant downgrade, i will pay the difference for them to upgrade. just curious. and if i did downgrade, then would i get an obc?

That will depend on the fare type you booked and if you are before or after final payment. If you are before Final and did not book Early Saver, you should be able to downgrade. For any fare code, if after final and ES at any time, you might be able to move your cabin, but will not get a refund or OBC for the difference. If you booked direct with CCL, call and find out the specifics of your booking and they will advise you.

I needed help with the same question last night, needed to see if downgrade was possible, spoke with Carnival represenative, can not downgrade with the Early Saver, if you booked another way I would definitely give Carnival or your TA a call.

Archived