just home 8 day miracle carnival needs help

tomfromTN

so someone sailing in a suite should be have a great cabin, superior food, and have a superior experience than someone who books an inside room on the lowest deck? :confused:

Well, not on Carnival at any rate - where suites mean pretty much just more elbow room, a tub, and perhaps a bidet... WOO HOO... :rolleyes:

Tom

so someone sailing in a suite should be have a great cabin, superior food, and have a superior experience than someone who books an inside room on the lowest deck? :confused:

No, people who are paying to stay at the Holiday Inn shouldn't expect the service and amenities of the JW Marriott or the W Hotel.

I might be part of a small minority here, but I think that things at Carnival have actually IMPROVED between our cruise last December and the one we took just a few weeks ago.

First of all, I think that complaining about no shrimp cocktail on Carnival is like complaining about no filet mignon at Denny's, Wake up people, it's a budget cruise line, and even when they offered the shrimp cocktail, it was a cheap joke.

We found the entertainment to be much better, offering more music selections. Also, we actually liked the shows at the main theater for the first time in years, and we enjoyed trying new (and tasty) selections on the menu.

I don't know if things have actually improved or if I've just adjusted my expectations to enjoy the current product. In any case, we had a very enjoyable cruise aboard the Dream 3 weeks ago. :D

OMG, never mind.

Yeah, it's best just to ignore. Some people are hell-bent on stirring every little pot they possibly can just to get a rise. The Ignore feature here on CC works splendidly by the way.:D

Several years ago we sailed with Mark Hawkins as the CD a couple of times. What impressed me with him was that he seemed to make a point to be downstairs on debarkation morning thanking people for sailing and wishing them a safe trip home. Following that I never saw it occur - until our cruise this April on the Inspiration, though that was Sixthman's "VH1 Best Cruise Ever", and it was Sixthman's CEO down there saying goodbye to everyone.

Many CD's seem to, almost, hide!

Tom

Agree!

When we debarked from the Miracle, Felipe (Malcolm was on vacation) was there to say good-bye and thank us for sailing with Carnival. I thought it was a nice touch.

I for one thought the new menu was very good on the Elation last month and I do not think I even thought about shrimp the whole cruise. The comedians were funny enough and put on a pretty good show. I only went to one of the shows in the main theatre, it was typical cruise ship quality. Nothing to brag about but killed an hour waiting for the comedy show to begin. Mostly stayed away from the Lido during the day and hung out in the Serenity area reading and just kicking back. I guess I am just different in that I don't have to be entertained 24/7 to have a good time. I also find it interesting that Carnival made many changes that passengers have been complaining about and requesting and it seems that the same people are still complaining. Just human nature I suppose.

Agree!

When we debarked from the Miracle, Felipe (Malcolm was on vacation) was there to say good-bye and thank us for sailing with Carnival. I thought it was a nice touch.

Felipe cares..i think he was new on the Paradise cruise i was on in June 2009, he is perky and positive, some do not ike his who hoo..but he was always milling around and cute at the game things onstage...that was good, he cared and you knew it....sarah

Basically other lines suites (and perks) puts Carnival to shame. Check out the link in my signature where I compared suite perks across a few lines. That will get your attention. Both NCL and Celebrity have a butler assigned to suites in addition to the cabin steward. They will bring you treats in the afternoon, set up full meals on your balcony (full breakfast overlooking the sea is wonderful), and take care of other things for you. Once you have sailed in suites on those lines, what Carnival considers a suite quickly becomes apparent to you that it is not!

Tom

Are you paying more for the added perks? We just shopped RCL for a comparable balcony cabin to the southern Caribbean. Couldn't get within $600/person compared to CCL fare. Would love to sail another line since it's been a number of years now. Price is a consideration for us and we just have not had a bad experience with Carnival.

We were on the Miracle last month and thought comedians were very good.

Having the love and marriage game as entertainment one night is rather cheap.

Thought the new menu was ok. Do miss Veal Parmigain (sp) but never went hungry.

We have been wanting to try other lines for awhile now but strangely something keeps happening to draw us back. Have a Valor cruise coming up in Jan and than will see what happens.

Still having outstanding cruises in any case.

We also thought the comedians were excellent! My husband much preferred them to the theater shows that he doesn't enjoy on any line...

I noticed the veal parm is on the new five day menus, I was surprised since they took it off the 7 day, odd.

Are you paying more for the added perks? We just shopped RCL for a comparable balcony cabin to the southern Caribbean. Couldn't get within $600/person compared to CCL fare. Would love to sail another line since it's been a number of years now. Price is a consideration for us and we just have not had a bad experience with Carnival.

Yes, the added perks do come at a cost... some are substantially more. For some it is a deal breaker - and that's understandable.

Tom

Hi Tom,

We just got back from an 8 night cruise on the Freedom, this was our 12 Carnival cruise and I was telling our dinner table it might be our last. Was thinking about Celebrity or Princess any thoughts. Just a note we always book a suite are the suites on these lines as big as Carnival. Thanks for any help.

CARNIVAL CHANGE BEFORE YOU LOSE

We did Princess in Jan and loved it. Looking for another at this moment.:D

Archived