very hard question to answer.

cruisenotbooze

November. Charleston. im thinking a little chilly? prob. gonna plan on jeans, short sleeved top with light jacket? or jeans?- prob. too cold for the beach? then the first sea day- thinking might still be chilly? at what point will i notice the warmer weather. and will i be able to wear shorts in the bahamas in november?

i know no one can predict the weather-

but has anyone taken a cruise from charleston close to this time of year?

right now, sc has day temps of mid 60's to low 70's, and evening temps of high 40's and 50's.

next month, cooler.

where are you cruising to? bahamas? it should be warmer there. in fact, once you hit the gulf stream, it will be warmer.

I think jeans, tee, and light/med jacket or sweater should be good for Charleston in Nov. As you said, it's impossible to predict weather but Charleston will most likely have cool and warm days in November, just depending on where you're from so your point of reference.

Our cruise is the end of Nov to Bahamas, and I'm planning on capris and tees. Maybe a light wrap on hand...

Your sailing time is around 4:00, so you will have a chilly sail away party. I always wear a hoodie out of Charleston. By the late evening of the next day, you should be in the gulf stream waters and it should begin to warm up a bit. I always wear capris and have done so in February in the Caribbean. Below is some info on weater in the Bahamas.

Average temperatures in the Bahamas range from 80 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit (27 to 32 degrees Celsius) in the summer to 70 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit (21 to 27 degrees Celsius) in the winter. The northern Bahamian islands can be even a little cooler. Winds across the Bahamas keep vacations cool in the daytime and help lower the temperatures at night. Relative humidity is about 65% throughout the year, making temperatures feel a little warmer than they read at times.

We've only cruised out of Charleston once, and it was in March but here's our experience.

A little chilly on the first day sailing out of Charlestone, so a light jacket/sweater was fine but by the first full day, it was warm and humid.

Archived