Sheraton Suites Plantation

hotsand

Has anyone stayed here? We are looking for a hotel for 2 nights. We will be driving from the Orlando area, so distance from the port isn't a problem. Just want to know if this hotel is a good one? Good and safe area? Resturants?

Thanks,

hotsand

anyone?? can get a good rate from hotwire on this hotel, so all info would be helpful.

hotsand

I am sure the hotel is just fine. Plantation is a suburb of Fort Lauderdale - it's a nice and safe area, mostly residential and businesses. The Broward Mall is nearby, and there are a number of decent restaurants along University Drive. That's pretty much about it. It is kind of a boring area to stay in, in my opinion, as there is nothing else to see or to do. It would be way more interesting if you stayed in the heart of Fort Lauderdale.

We stayed here a few years ago and have it booked for our December cruise. There are quite a few restaurants near by. The hotel does have a restaurant as well. It is next to a mall that is empty now but there are stores near by as well. We found the room to be nice -a sliding door separates the bed from the couch and there are TV's in both areas.

As long as you have a car this is an okay place to stay

I love this hotel. I live in Fort Laudedale and sometimes DW and I find a great rate on a jacuzzi suite and stay here for a weekend getaway or a special night. The Broward Mall is right there and there are plenty of restaurants. Also the Sawgrass isn't far either.

And getting to the port is very easy. Take University south about a mile to 595, head east past 95 and you will be at the port in no time. Real good location for people with a car.

Archived