Hawaii on Summit 2006 - Need Hotel prior to cruise

shipmatesforlife

We are sailing on the Summit to Hawaii March 12, 2006. We plan to arrive a day early and need suggestions for a hotel to stay at. It would be good if there is one that has a shuttle service from LAX to hotel and then shuttle to pier. Any suggestions? Last time we stayed at a hotel near LAX but there was nothing to do around there. Anyone else going on the Summit? Would like to meet fellow "cruise critics". This will be our 13th cruise (first with Celebrity):

Sea Princess - New England (Oct 2005)

RCCL Granduer of the Seas - Caribbean 2005

Diamond Princess - Mexican Riviera - 2004

Dawn Princess - Caribbean - 2004

Coral Princess - Panama Canal - 2003

Carnival Triumph - Caribbean 2003

Grand Princess -Caribbean 2001

Sea Princess - Alaska 1999

Sun Princess - Caribbean 1998

Regal Princess - Caribbean 1996

Crown Princess - Caribbean 1995

NCL - Norway - Caribbean 1993

I know this isn't for everyone but I have no qualms. They have super bus service and you can get from airport hotels to Marina Del Rey and Santa Monica in no time. Actually anywhere else for that matter. I know this isn't what you want to do if you plan on going out to dinner but we plan to just spend the day in Santa Monica.

I'll be looking for answers also regarding shuttle service. :)

We are on the same sailing.

There is a Roll Call going on with a lot of passengers already.

You can check them on:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=68044&page=1&pp=25

Holiday inn San Pedro offers a package with shuttle service.

I think many passengers will stay overnight around LAX (depending on arrivaltime etc.) Next morning it is easy to take supershuttle from LAX to San Pedro.

On the Roll Call board you will find lots of links already about transportation, Hawaii etc. have a look there.

Donot forget to register for the CC party.

Here's the price for the fly-cruise package at San Pedro Holiday Inn.

Room for 2 with transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to pier: $149

Add transfers from ship to airport after cruise: $189

I'm on the sailing after you and I think some of us are going to stay at this hotel.

Terri

I appreciate the info on the Holiday Inn. I will check into that. Last time we stayed near LAX and shuttled to pier. We wanted to try something different. We already signed up for the party. We are very excited about this cruise and looking forward to meeting fellow "cruise critics". I am new to "Cruise Critic" and "Celebrity", so any advise is greatly appreciated. I have trouble finding threads I have responded to as well as my own. Do they move things around?

Ine and all who responded:

It sure seems like there are a lot of very friendly people sailing on the Summit to Hawaii. We appreciate being included. This may seem like a stupid question, but who plans the get togethers, where are they, how do we learn about them? This is all new to me. Do we have to do anything besides sign up on line for the roll call? We got the info on the Holiday Inn. We are going to book. Thanks again for the information. I guess there is a lot of information available out there if you just know where to go - Now I know to go to "Cruise Critic". Thanks again.

Margie from Ohio

Welcome aboard. My wife and I are on the same sailing as well. Once you sign up for the CC party, you're all set. You'll get further information once you're on board. Since we already have 25 people registered, the party is a sure thing. I've never attended one yet, I'm just going by what I learned here. :)

More info on how to sign up can be found here.

Chris

If you go to the link I mentioned you will see that the couple "Joray" - Ray and Joan - started the link. They have travelled a lot, know how to start a link and organise it.

We will certainly meet on board, propably right after sailing. That's the one Joray organizes, the chance to meet and say hello to each other.

Besides that there will be a cruise-critic meeting with coffee and cake, maybe the 2nd day, where we will meet the social hostess and cruise director on board.You will get a message on your cabin where and when to meet.

Also the night before sailing there might be a dinner somewhere, place, time, participants yet unknown, for those who want to meet before. Again organised by Ray and Joan.

Go to this link and you will see about 13/14 pages with info and questions, introductions of the people on this sailing.

Archived