Visa for Viet Nam

Ballenisles1

We're on the Jan 4 cruise out of Singapore on the Quest. I know we need a visa for Viet Nam. Does anyone know if we can get those on board the Quest upon arrival in Viet Nam or do we have to get them from a consulate or visa service? If I have to get them myself, since we stop at three ports in Viet Nam, do we get the one month, multiple entry visa or will the one month, single entry visa be accepted by immigration? Thanks...

Diane

We're on the Jan 4 cruise out of Singapore on the Quest. I know we need a visa for Viet Nam. Does anyone know if we can get those on board the Quest upon arrival in Viet Nam or do we have to get them from a consulate or visa service? If I have to get them myself, since we stop at three ports in Viet Nam, do we get the one month, multiple entry visa or will the one month, single entry visa be accepted by immigration? Thanks...

Diane

Hi Diane,

My wife and I are on the same cruise and I can confirm the visa service is provided onboard by Azamara. I checked with both our TA and Azamara directly (2 different agents). See you in 2 short months! :)

Nick

The only time you need to get your own visa for Vietnam is if you are going through one of their airports otherwise you are covered by ship's blanket visa. On our Azamara cruise a couple of years ago my husband left the ship for a couple of days to go on a birding tour and then flew to join the ship at a later port; for that he had to get his own traditional tourist visa. Also those passengers who did Azamara's extended shore ex to Angkor Wat from Bankok to HCM City also needed regular visas.

The only time you need to get your own visa for Vietnam is if you are going through one of their airports otherwise you are covered by ship's blanket visa. On our Azamara cruise a couple of years ago my husband left the ship for a couple of days to go on a birding tour and then flew to join the ship at a later port; for that he had to get his own traditional tourist visa. Also those passengers who did Azamara's extended shore ex to Angkor Wat from Bankok to HCM City also needed regular visas.

Excellent information, good to know! Thanks!

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the info. Good... one less thing we have to think about. You and your wife

have a couple of things in common with us. I don't know if you can do personal messages on here, but here's my email, dfied51986@aol.com. Email me and I'll tell you what they are!!! It's a small world, as they say....

Diane and Bob

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the info. Good... one less thing we have to think about. You and your wife

have a couple of things in common with us. I don't know if you can do personal messages on here, but here's my email, dfied51986@aol.com. Email me and I'll tell you what they are!!! It's a small world, as they say....

Diane and Bob

Diane,

I sent you a quick note via email...and yes, a personal message is fine on CC...just so long as you don't advertise for a travel provider. Anyway, I have a good guess as to what our "thing in common" might be...I'm getting a word beginning with a U and ending with a D...;)

Talk to you soon!

Nick

Diane

We are travalling on the same cruise & dates as yourself and have been advised by our travel agent in Australia that we can get our Visa on board the ship at a cost of $80 that will cover all of of ports in Vietnam

Thanks Chris

My husband has something in common too... it is 2 words and starts with an A and ends with an A.

Sue

...aah interline ... reminds me of our first cruise (Cunard) when we sat at a table with a retired TWA employee ... and he told us how little he paid for his cruise (not that we asked, and would have preferred not to know). :eek:

• 1 month later...

Azamara does a terrific job of handling all the port paperwork and visas on this itinerary. Our cruise actually included a stop in Cambodia where the port agent rolled out a little office and set up a security board then hand-applied huge paper visas (a whole page in the passport visa section) and hand signed them. One of my coolest souveniers ever.

Azamara does a terrific job of handling all the port paperwork and visas on this itinerary. Our cruise actually included a stop in Cambodia where the port agent rolled out a little office and set up a security board then hand-applied huge paper visas (a whole page in the passport visa section) and hand signed them. One of my coolest souveniers ever.

Interesting. We missed all of that. We sent our passports to Wash DC to get Cambodian Visas ($20.00 each). Ours also take up a full page in our passport. We left at that port and flew to Angkor Wat, and than met up with Quest in Bangkok,Thailand.

Archived