Carry-on wine?

eskipo

We will be cruising for the first time with Oceania this coming Feb. I have been reading everything on this board I can find. Please don't laugh, but for some reason I can't picture how you bring wine on board. If you bring several bottles, do you put it in your carry-on or do you leave it in the carton? And if you leave it in the carton, do you roll or carry that carton or do you put your suite number on that carton and someone will take care of it for you?

Also, I have read that in the past on the other Oceania ships they have a wine package you might purchase. Do they have a wine package on the Marina?

We are looking forward to our first cruise. We have splurged and booked the Owner's Suite ! Needless to say, we can't wait to actually set foot on that beautiful ship.

We brought 2 cases of wine on board for one of our longer cruises. We marked our suite # and name (we might have had a leftover luggage tag) and left it with our luggage. It arrived in our room intact.

Yes there is a small liquor kiosk on the Barcelona pier. I would warn you that it is very sparse.

Dennis

The kiosk at the so very convenient World Trade Centre where the R-ships usually dock is indeed small but the one at the larger terminal where the larger vessels dock, such as Marina, has a much larger liquor store. I didn't check their wine but they had a good selection of liquors, etc.

Archived