Golden Princess cabin question

cruising3times

We are platinum members on Carnival but we want to go on Princess on the inside passage to Alaska next August. There will be three of us in a cabin, our adult son wants to go too. So I am thinking about booking a mini suite because it has a sofa bed. I just read about the window suites which do not have balconies but seem to have other perks. Which cabin do you think would be a better choice for an Alaskan cruise? Thanks for your help.

Well, it is a tough decision. There are a lot of perks with the window suite, but no balcony to enjoy. I would choose a mini suite over a window suite, because I love having a balcony. I am sure that many posters will vote for the window suites. It is just a personal preference, you cannot go wrong with decisions like these to make!

I have to agree that we were really glad to have a balcony in Alaska. The mini suite would probably be best. We always book mini suites because we live the extra room. It's the smallest room I would consider for three people.

However, there's a lot to be said for suite amenities. We've booked a window suite for our next cruise to Hawaii because of that. Still, for Alaska, I vote for a balcony.

I vote for a mini suite with balcony, but one of the covered ones of which there are very few. I believe they are starboard and port on Emerald Deck in the aft section of the ship. Because of the very good chance of rain in Alaska I would prefer the completely covered balcony on that itinerary. The mini suites on Dolphin Deck have totally uncovered balconies, so in that case perhaps a window suite with its perks would be better. If the weather is wonderful, then you still have all the open decks to enjoy. Have a wonderful cruise.

We went to Alaska this Summer. It was cold and it rained everyday. We were able to use our balcony only a few times because of the weather. So an open balcony is going to be of no use. You will need to get one of the few covered balcony mini suites.

You are going in August so you would have a better chance for good weather. The Window Suite has an attractive price but I wouldn't give up my Alaska balcony even in bad weather. That's what gloves and hats are for. If you are taking the August 4th cruise join all roll call.

Archived