Antigua -Gordon's Tours

narnia1

We are going in December on the Summit, and wanted to know if anyone had been on any of Gordon's Tours, including Sting Ray City? What other private tour operators are there?

Reviews?:p

Good tour guide. Took us everywhere and is very narrative. A pic of him in my Antigua set: Link.

We are going in December on the Summit, and wanted to know if anyone had been on any of Gordon's Tours, including Sting Ray City? What other private tour operators are there?

Reviews?:p

My family toured with Gordon on his "Best of Paradise" Island Tour. This tour did not include a stop at Sting Ray City, but offered us insight into some of the main highlights Antigua has to offer. We saw the historic St. Barnabus Church in Liberta, Nelsons Dockyard, the Blockhouse, Shirley Heights (which offered us a panoramic view of English Harbour), beach time at Long Bay Beach and a final stop along the rugged east coast where Devils Bridge is located. Gordon was a great guide and we enjoyed our day with him. If you are interested to learn more details about our tour, check out my review with photos at this link:

(Posts #138-#143)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1038334&page=7

I have also put together a YouTube video of our day with Gordon. You can view it by clicking on the link below:

Prior to our cruise, I had done extensive research on private tours. Here is an idea of other tours which are available:

Sightseeing Land Tours: Gordan Tours and Lawrence from Antigua seem to be the top island tour operators. They both offer sightseeing tours that take you to such places as Shirley Heights and Nelson's Dockyard with a stop at a nice beach. Complimentary drinks are included in these tours and Gordon also provides local snacks. Gordon also offers zipline, snorkeling, kayak, horseback riding and Sting Ray City tours.

Water Tours: If you prefer to take a sightseeing tour by water and go snorkeling, such tour operators as Creole Cruises (which features a lobster lunch) and Eli's Eco Adventure (with an emphasis on ecology and history of the area) are very popular. Or you could take Eli's Xtreme Circumnav Tour. This tour on a fast, racing speed boat takes you right around the entire island of Antigua and includes a stop at Stingray City! Boat tours are more expensive than a land tour but lunch and drinks are all included.

Archived