Need any Valor info?

JTAIME

I just posted over on the "chair hogging" thread. if you happen to remember, could you scout out where it seems it may be easiest to get a deck chair for sunbathing? I want to make the most of my day, but hell, what good is a vacation if you can't sleep in a bit? :) And I was also curious as to how far from a pool, any pool, these spots were, so I can just take a quick dip when I get hot from baking in the sun.

thanks! have a blast. I'm jealous and can't WAIT for our turn aboard!:D

Are you doing the eastern or western caribbean?? I am sailing on the CC group cruise on Valor June 12 to the Western carib. We have been trying to figure if the ship stays on ship time or changes clocks to local time so that we can plan our tours. Now that daylight savings is past, we're hoping to figure this out!! Thanks!

We are on the Valor in Oct. and would like to know your cabin location and if you experience any unusually issues with noise and vibrations. We cruised on the Glory last year and had an aft cabin and experienced a slight vibration from the engines almost the whole cruise and we were on the Verandah deck.

Hi, just to answer a few questions since I was on the Valor last week------

the ship stayed on ship's, not local time, the entire cruise. This, however, was prior to daylight savings time so I am not sure if it will change now. We were aft on the main deck and there is a TERRIBLE vibration at almost all times. I noticed it on the upper decks as well in the aft. Go for mid ship if possible or even the front. Good Luck.

We just got back from a Valor cruise (March 20). The best part of the trip was Coral Cay at Roatan. Take a cab. The Valor is not the best Carnival ship we have been on. Food is pretty bad and the service was not so good. Take a three prong plug and a CLOCK! The ship had bad vibrations in our room so bring stuffing material for the walls and ceiling. Avoid Belize as the tendering is poorly managed by Carnival.

I just posted over on the "chair hogging" thread. if you happen to remember, could you scout out where it seems it may be easiest to get a deck chair for sunbathing? I want to make the most of my day, but hell, what good is a vacation if you can't sleep in a bit? :) And I was also curious as to how far from a pool, any pool, these spots were, so I can just take a quick dip when I get hot from baking in the sun.

thanks! have a blast. I'm jealous and can't WAIT for our turn aboard!:D

Hey, I just say...give her a flip flop of yours and surely no one will move it. LOL :D

Mama, we just got back Sunday, got up 2 Sea Days at 8:00am (actually stayed with our chairs), all chairs were taken except for the Deck 11, by the stairs going to the slide. (A hike down to the pools, but good exercise!) We actually wound up liking this spot, we had a nice breeze, plus there was a shower behind us by the kiddie pool, to cool down. Also right inside the doors, turn left to go to Camp Carnival and there was restrooms. On the last Sea day, my friend was up early went for chairs at 7:30am! Ours were already taken, (and everywhere else!) but we still got the same area, 6 chairs left for our group of 8 adults.....By the way, the 8 chairs in front of us were already taken by 7:30am, the people did not show up until 11:00am! No One! I understand why people have to mark the chairs, but at least send a few people from your group to stay there! Jeeze....Anyways, good luck with the chair situation! I have never encountered such a problem on my past cruise lines, but I think one of the reasons is the way Carnival designed this area. Instead of tons of small decks, I think they should have gone with 3 main decks...But what do I know!:)

We will be sailing on the Valor in Sept. I would like to know any info you can get on cabin 7445. It is the corner wrap around balcony. I believe it may be right next to your w shaped cabin. Thanks in advance.

lynyrd:)

If the Roll Call for the 9/25 sailing is any indication, the ship will be pretty empty. So far it looks like there is only 3 or 4 people from these boards going. I realize that it is still pretty early, but I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. I have been wanting to go on a cruise for as long as I can remember and I am finally going to get my chance. I hope that since it will be hurricane season there won't be any problems since this was the best (and most affordable ) time for us to go. I really wanted the corner balcony and it was less expensive to cruise in Sept. so I decided to take my chances.

lynyrd

Archived