Nativeway Tours - Grand Cayman

Jenna109

thanks i think i will go to seven mile beach, ill have an hr or so befor heading back to the ship. do you know how much a taxi would cost from seven mile beach to the port?

On there website it says around 5$ (not sure if that is pp?) and it's ten minutes I believe.

My family was able to do the Sting Rays, Reef and Starfish with NW last week. We did have one other large family on the boat with us. It gave us a total of about 13 which was a great size group. I am from the coast so I am use to seeing rays but the family that was with us some had never saw one before. I was more amazed at them. Great day on the water. They also took pictures which were great. Problem I had was they offer the other family the pictures for $40 and my family for $50. Then he came back with a "deal" that he would let us have them for $40. Didn't set well with me. Over all great day on the water.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Reef Rays and Rum Tour last Wednesday, December 7th. Let me tell you we were a bit nervous booking independent but our nerves were unfounded. Sharon was waiting for us at the port. We took a van with about 12 others past 7 mile beach to a catamaran with Moses and Andrew. We boarded, and went a few miles out. Even though we did not book the Starfish portion of the trip, they encouraged us to dive. We spent about a half hour there, then went to Stingray City. There were several other catamarans there. We spent 45 minutes there. Andrew helped everyone, let us kiss the Stingrays, rubbed them on our backs and allowed us to take pics "with our own waterproof cameras." We then went to a snorkel site for 1/2 hour and dove. We then went to Rum Point beach. Prior to arrival, Andrew gave us menus with many choices. He then called our order in. It was waiting at picnic benches upon arrival. We spent an hour and a half at the beach. It was so peaceful and quiet. Not many were there. Sharon came back to get us and we had a 45 minute ride through the GC country side. We paid her upon return to the terminal. We paid $ 62.50 pp for about 5 hours. We ended the trip with a hug from Sharon. HIGHLY, HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone used this company? We are planning to book their Rays, reef and rum tour - looks like a wonderful day out. Also excellent reviews on Trip Advisor - just wondered if anyone has been:p

We did this exact tour 2 years ago and had a great time! I've never done a private excursion, but there were so many great comments about Nativeway that we decided to give them a try.

We had 3 girls (celebrating HS graduation) along with their 3 moms in our group. Thomas was our boat captain and was awesome. All of the crew were polite and helpful. They have a very good camera and will take several pictures of you posing with the stingrays. Trust me, they were not pushy trying to sell the photos at all. If you want the pictures they will load them all onto a CD for you to take home and print as many as you'd like.

Would absolutely book with them again! You do not pay in advance. Bring cash (plus tip!).

I have done NativeWay's Rays/Reef/RumPoint excursion twice and am booked again for Jan. It is one of the best excursions I have ever done. I highly recommend them.

First you go to StingRay City where you can swim with, feed and hold the stingrays. They are not pushy about pics. They will even take your pic with your camera if you want.

Then they take you snorkeling. I have found a lot of people don't even get off the boat. They just want to see the stingrays and the beach. I always snorkel when I can!!!

Lunch is served at RumPoint Beach. They will take your order on the boat and call it in and lunch will be ready when you get to the beach. You can order fish n chips, catch of the day, salad, etc. I love the catch of the day. It includes a drink, but not alcoholic. You can order those and pay separate. There is a small outdoor restaurant and you eat at picnic tables outside. There is also a small souvenir shop. The beach is beautiful and after lunch we usually walk around and explore and swim. The water is clear and calm. You can also snorkel around the dock a little if you want.

Hope I answered all the above questions.

Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

I love these boards! For the first time its just my sister & I going on a cruise. She is special ed, so I'm trying to plan fun excursions that she & I will both enjoy. She isn't one to just sit on a beach. I think she will just LOVE the stingrays & I know I will & the snorkeling as well. Thanks for the info everyone - I know it wasn't for me, but I took it & ran! I just sent in our booking to Nativeway! :)

We are sailing on Voyager of the Seas. I had read somewhere on these boards that the last tender would be 3:15 (for a port departure time of 4:00). I would like to do the rays, reefs and rum point beach, but I am nervous about being 45 minutes away from the dock and missing the ship.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

My sister and I are wondering if anyone has done the island tour with the stringray island??? I see alot of postings but none with the island tour?? I have a handicap and am wondering if it is easy to go off and on the boat to see the stringrays??? I have a bad leg and alittle weight to go with it... help with info if you can..... happy crusing:o

This sounds like a very nice package and outfit. Has anybody ever missed getting back to the ship on time from one of the Native Way tours?

I'm thinking of booking something with them when I go to GC in March but, of course, want to make sure they are reputable and on time! :)

Thanks.

Archived