NCL Pricing

johnsak123

YEP! Their excuse was it was a travel agony promotion they didn't honor. Which, DUH, that's why their pricing was so much lower!

And Norwegian is not going to match it and take a Travel Partners business. Most of their revenue still comes from their travel partners and those with lower prices have purchased large blocks of group space or committed to a large volume of business. Cruise lines are very happy to have the bookings done by TAs and pay the commissions. It takes the cost and burden of servicing that guest off their shoulders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And Norwegian is not going to match it and take a Travel Partners business. Most of their revenue still comes from their travel partners and those with lower prices have purchased large blocks of group space or committed to a large volume of business. Cruise lines are very happy to have the bookings done by TAs and pay the commissions. It takes the cost and burden of servicing that guest off their shoulders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's their decision, but I still think it's silly to have a Best Price Guarantee when there are many cases where they will not honor it. It definitely makes me think less of their brand - or at least the sales/marketing department!

I was just annoyed that NCL had different and higher pirce than Amex

And they didnt offer me an OBC while Amex did.

I think NCl should offer the best price

I'm not sure I understand why you are complaining; you were given a better rate by your credit card company, and I assume it was because you charged it on your AMEX. AMEX is competing to get its customers to use their card for the cruise, and they are willing to work with NCL in some manner to do that; they either guarantee to book a certain number of rooms, or subsidize the rate on their own.

"My momma told me, you better shop around."

There may be a time when NCL promises to give the best rate on their website, like the airlines do. But that's an anti-competitive stance the airlines take to bury the competition, not pay commissions and ... in the future ... raise rates.

Archived