Just noticed TA changed our cabins!!!

tab1220

OP this has been the problem all along. You were asking your TA to do something that is against RCI policy. There has to be an adult in each room and when you received your confirmation you asked for it to be changed and to have the adults in one cabin and the three minor children in their own cabin. Ain't gonna happen. It is against RCI policy to have minors in a room without an adult. Period. If you had just left it alone and agreed to have your husband in one room (on paper) and you in the other room (on paper) this would have never become the issue that has occurred. You could have simply boarded the ship and asked for different room keys and no one would have been the wiser.

Sorry and I'm probably in the minority here but the only original issue I see with the TA is they should have explained the RCI adult/minor children in cabin policy. It seems to have spiraled after that:( It's really too bad that you were not able to get advice from your CC support group before you asked the TA to change the cabins back, which started this whole debacle:eek:

You clearly haven't followed this from the beginning.... first off the TA is at fault for lack of communication...then the TA changed the OP's category of cabins without notifying her first for approval which resulted in an increase of price that was not approved by the OP...she didn't even try to absorb the price difference...the TA tried to pass it on to the OP and she caught it.

When I originally booked this cruise I explained to the TA that this is a B-day/Christmas surprise for my children, so I wanted them to have the freedom and luxury of their own cabin yet still be close to me. We were under the agreement that the 17,15 &7yo would be placed in(what I paid for)triple interior. Myself and hubby in an ov balc(again what I paid for)

When she sent over the confirmation, the first thing I noticed was she had Dh and 7yo in the ov balc and myself and the 2 teens in the interior. Without looking at the cabin numbers, I called her back and told her that I would like this to be changed. She said it was no"biggie"and to just flip flop when we get on the ship. I told her that I wouldn't be comfortable doing this and to please place the names on the booking as they should

go.

3 days later I recieved another confirmation with the names set up the same way still and the cabin numbers changed PLUS an increase of $104. This is why I didn't except this booking. The TA blamed RCCL for changing the cabin numbers.

Royal has denied making the change each time. They said the booking was always set up with one adult in each cabin so they would not have had a reason to change my cabin numbers. If they did, they would have contacted the TA before doing so.

All of the confirmations from RCI should show you and hubby in two different cabins, correct? All three confirmations show that RCI is upholding it's policy, correct?

You clearly haven't followed this from the beginning.... first off the TA is at fault for lack of communication...then the TA changed the OP's category of cabins without notifying her first for approval which resulted in an increase of price that was not approved by the OP...she didn't even try to absorb the price difference...the TA tried to pass it on to the OP and she caught it.

Baja, I have been following it and I stated that the TA should absolutely have communicated the RCI minor children policy up front which would have alleviated all of this insanity.

But did the TA change the cabin category or did RCI change it because the original booking was against policy?

Sorry to say you cannot have a 17. 15 year old in the same cabin - correct me if I'm wrong but they had to be accompanied by an adult - so thats probably why the TA did this - all you need to do is go to the desk at guest relations and change it back and you can get sea pass cards to access each others cabins

Not sure of the increase in the price - I would check on that one

Hope it works out:)

OP this has been the problem all along. You were asking your TA to do something that is against RCI policy. There has to be an adult in each room and when you received your confirmation you asked for it to be changed and to have the adults in one cabin and the three minor children in their own cabin. Ain't gonna happen. It is against RCI policy to have minors in a room without an adult. Period. If you had just left it alone and agreed to have your husband in one room (on paper) and you in the other room (on paper) this would have never become the issue that has occurred. You could have simply boarded the ship and asked for different room keys and no one would have been the wiser.

Sorry and I'm probably in the minority here but the only original issue I see with the TA is they should have explained the RCI adult/minor children in cabin policy. It seems to have spiraled after that:( It's really too bad that you were not able to get advice from your TA or the CC support group before you asked the TA to change the cabins back, which started this whole debacle:eek:

RCI's policy is not that there has to be an adult in each cabin, children can be booked in their own cabin as long as it is next to, or across from the parents or guardian. I get the impression that the OP wanted a cabin for the adults and a cabin for the kids, the TA did not book them this way, maybe because there was not a configuration that would work, but instead of explaining this to the OP, the TA went ahead and booked 2 cabins with an adult in each. When the OP ask that this be changed to her original request, the TA should have advised her that there was no configuration that would work and to keep her existing arrangement, instead she changed cabins, from a triple inside and a double balcony, to a double inside and a triple balcony, which casued the price to increase and she tried to pass this increase off to the OP without explaining what had happened.

All of the confirmations from RCI should show you and hubby in two different cabins, correct? All three confirmations show that RCI is upholding it's policy, correct?

As previously stated, RCI's policy does not dictate an adult in each cabin

Sorry to say you cannot have a 17. 15 year old in the same cabin - correct me if I'm wrong but they had to be accompanied by an adult - so thats probably why the TA did this - all you need to do is go to the desk at guest relations and change it back and you can get sea pass cards to access each others cabins

Not sure of the increase in the price - I would check on that one

Hope it works out:)

To correct you, you can book 3 kids into their own cabin, as long as it is next to or across from the parents/guardians cabin

RCI's policy is not that there has to be an adult in each cabin, children can be booked in their own cabin as long as it is next to, or across from the parents or guardian. I get the impression that the OP wanted a cabin for the adults and a cabin for the kids, the TA did not book them this way, maybe because there was not a configuration that would work, but instead of explaining this to the OP, the TA went ahead and booked 2 cabins with an adult in each. When the OP ask that this be changed to her original request, the TA should have advised her that there was no configuration that would work and to keep her existing arrangement, instead she changed cabins, from a triple inside and a double balcony, to a double inside and a triple balcony, which casued the price to increase and she tried to pass this increase off to the OP without explaining what had happened.

To correct you, you can book 3 kids into their own cabin, as long as it is next to or across from the parents/guardians cabin

But these cabins are on opposite sides of the ship so they clearly do not meet the policy guidelines at the very beginning of this nightmare:eek:

Sorry, but there are two sides to this story and I for one would be very interested in the TA's side of this mess. I realize that this thread is about a TA mistake but as others have mentioned I have to question the judgement of someone that is okay with a 7 year old on the other side of the ship. And the post about "adult identity"...

Bingo!!! You got it! This is exactly what I posted.

As previously stated, RCI's policy does not dictate an adult in each cabin

Bingo!!! You got it! This is exactly what I posted.

Yes Tab, and you posted that as soon as you received the confirmation with this configuration you requested that it be changed...which is against RCI policy.

I hope you get this all straightened out.

As it is final payment time, be sure you carefully watch availability on a good website. some people will, no doubt, cancel rather than make final payment. some agents may return held cabins into inventory now. watch closely..maybe you will get a better cabin combination...my fingers are crossed for you...

Baja, I have been following it and I stated that the TA should absolutely have communicated the RCI minor children policy up front which would have alleviated all of this insanity.

But did the TA change the cabin category or did RCI change it because the original booking was against policy?

Cathy.....The TA changed the cabin without telling the OP what she was going to do.....then tried to blame the change on Royal....it wasn't against policy because there was one adult booked in each cabin.

Cathy.....The TA changed the cabin without telling the OP what she was going to do.....then tried to blame the change on Royal....it wasn't against policy because there was one adult booked in each cabin.

Got it, thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tab1220

Thank you. As I said before, this is our"family"cruise so mom and dad will behave and not change our identities as we do on our "adult" cruises. We want to spend every moment with our kids as we haven't been able to do this alot. So we'll be turning in late but at the same time and taking "Mr President" to our cabin for the night.

Originally Posted by PH8

Ok,Im really confused now

PH8 - The OP was replying to my post. See below.

OP's post

As far as your comment that DH and I wanted to be "away" from our kids. I'll give you a little bit of history behind me. I'm the mother of 6 children. 26(mechanical engineer)25(Army officer)24(RN) 17&15(honor roll students,and a 7 year which I'm praying I'll live long enough to see him become President. Mind you, I raised and continue to raise my children while defending for my(and YOUR)country. I also have 3 grandchildren who spend almost every moment with me at my request.

My response to her.

OP - Hope you get this resolved and can enjoy your cruise. If I were in the same situation and the staterooms were still that far apart, I would let your7 year old go to bed with the big kids, and when you returned from a night out, carry him over to your stateroom for the night. You wouldn't want anything to happen to our future President.

You can book kids in a separate cabin, in fact I have my 3 in a separate cabin on our cruise this Sunday. It has to be next to, across from, or within a door or 2. We've done it on all our cruises.

I do think this is the TAs fault, and from a previous comment where RCCL said there were not 2 appropriate cabins in the TAs block of rooms I think what happened is the TA didn't want to lose the booking so she tried to fit it into rooms she had available in her block, and likely rooms she's getting additional perks from filling. The OP requested the names be parents in one room, kids in the other and the TA wanted to fill her block so she made it work that way. When the OP wanted it corrected, the TA still couldn't make it work from her available room inventory so she relied on the OP to not be savvy enough about the process to just accept it.

The OP was never trying to do anything against RCCL policy.

I too have been following along and am very happy that it's working out FINALLY...

The different threads the past couple about TA's messing up flights/cruises etc has reassured me that booking my own and missing out on a little OBC or pre-paid tips is the best thing for me lol

The best thing about this all - you're going on the most amazing ship out there and once you step on board you'll totally forget about all this stress the past couple weeks :)

Heads up, OP.

If you are still looking, this morning a website shows B1 (14315) for three and the adjacent B2 (14317) for two with a TN residency rate for $6053. you would have less Oceanview but you'd be next-door to the kids, so the future president could stay with the teens...

Thank you so much for finding this! I noticed you said 14317 has less oceanview. Is it still an oceanview balc?

Heads up, OP.

If you are still looking, this morning a website shows B1 (14315) for three and the adjacent B2 (14317) for two with a TN residency rate for $6053. you would have less Oceanview but you'd be next-door to the kids, so the future president could stay with the teens...

Thank you so much for finding this! I noticed you said 14317 has less oceanview. Is it still an oceanview balc?

Those are the same two RCCL was going to hold for you(the last go round).......you can see some water and the Boardwalk area.....there were pics posted quite a few pages back of your view.

Hmmm, that's strange that they're available again :confused:

Those are the same two RCCL was going to hold for you(the last go round).......you can see some water and the Boardwalk area.....there were pics posted quite a few pages back of your view.

To refresh your memory.

Read this thread...Cabins 14315 and 14317 are not bad choices...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1279931&highlight=14315

2598121090092706180S500x500Q85.jpg

This picture gives a great idea of what the view will be. It looks like those cabins are 8 balconies from the back, which will allow for a decent view. Thanks for sharing the link.

The obstruction is considered the bridge across. These pix are taken from pretty much directly over those cabins on the 15th deck.

View looking back

2144148650104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

View looking directly across

2357887820104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

They are the balcony cabins was hoping you had

Hmmm, that's strange that they're available again :confused:

Probably were on a courtesy hold and now they are back

Go get them!!!:)

Archived