Chankanaab Kayak?

PDsandman01

This website http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Beaches has good information on parks in Cozumel. We wanted to kayak, snorkel, and sit on the beach. The chart shows Kayaks in Chankanaab. Can anyone confirm this? This site is the only place I've seen it. I've also heard mixed reviews on the snorkeling quality. Any information is wonderful. Thanks:cool:

Unless they've added kayaks recently, there were no "water toys" when we were there. It's a marine preserve, so I really don't think they've started renting kayaks. Anyway, we really enjoyed our day at Chankanaab and the snorkeling was GREAT.......we were there in mid-June a couple of years ago. There are many posts on Chankanaab on this board; if you try a seach you can find out a lot more.

I looked around and did some searches but only briefly did I see anything about Chankanaab and Kayaks. The park sounds wonderful, but I'm still skeptical about buying the Clear Kayak tour, the Catamaran Snorkel, or just go to Chankanaab. I don't understand why the chart on the webpage would indicate that they had kayaks.

I looked around and did some searches but only briefly did I see anything about Chankanaab and Kayaks. The park sounds wonderful, but I'm still skeptical about buying the Clear Kayak tour, the Catamaran Snorkel, or just go to Chankanaab. I don't understand why the chart on the webpage would indicate that they had kayaks.

Well, the good thing is you have time to figure it out. We'll be there in late June and haven't decided what to do either. We loved Chankanaab, but it's always nice to try something new. Hopefully, some of the locals will help you find out about the kayaks. The only think I can think of is that I've seen excursions to Chankanaab reef, which, I think, is outside the park boundaries. Maybe that's where you would kayak? I'm just speculating though....:confused: Is there an e-mail address on that website; maybe you could ask them. I've had luck contacting people in Mexico via e-mail even if the translation on the reply isn't perfect.:)

As far as which one to choose, I guess it's what you are looking for. I chose Chankanaab for my family's day in Cozumel (2 adults, 2 teen boys), because we wanted a great place to snorkel, a lazy beach to hang out on, no vendors to bother us, and the extra things were just a bonus (nature walk, mayan village and "ruins", small mini-golf). We didn't have many pictures to view before we went, and we were pleasantly surprised. The grounds were beautiful and clean. The staff was friendly and the bathrooms spotless! For us, it was a wonderful, relaxing day.

Thanks for sharing your information. It seems that Chankanaab is more for the money because the excursions from the ship are expensive. Good thing that we have about 60 days to figure something out. Enjoy your cruise. Thanks again.:)

Archived