What to do, who to do it with?

rockbock

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from my cruise. Met Kate from Frank watersports. Very professional and polite. Could not do the excursion though as stingray city was closed and since none of the people in my group were swimmers doing just the snorkeling tour didn't make sense. I am so disappointed. I really wanted to do the stingray tour.

Just came back from my cruise. Met Kate from Frank watersports. Very professional and polite. Could not do the excursion though as stingray city was closed and since none of the people in my group were swimmers doing just the snorkeling tour didn't make sense. I am so disappointed. I really wanted to do the stingray tour.

Why would it be closed?

Hi,

We just returned from the Navigator of the Seas, Western Caribbean Cruise which we booked the Stingray City excursion swim with stingraysailing.com On the morning of arriving in the port of George Town G.C. it was announced on the ship that the "Stingray City Excursion" Booked with Royal Caribbean was cancelled. Since we booked our excursion on our own I called "Stingray Sailing" excursion from the port and was told the as far as they knew it was still operating. We met the capatin at the port and he said he would take a chance and took us all out to the reef where the rays were to see for himeself if it was closed. We found out at that point from the Police that due to the weather it was closed (we all thought it was a beautiful day, but hey what do we know) At that point he and some of his great crew jumped into the water and gathered the rays for us to watch him play with them while he taught us about them and let us touch them from the boat. Then he put up the sails and sailed back to the dock. In all we spent at least 2 hours on the trip and he charged us NOTHING. Most if not all gave him something for his troubles but he said he would refund everyone’s either full payment or their deposits afterwards because we were not able to go in the water.

If anyone has any concerns of using this company you can put your minds to rest. They are what is needed greatly in business’ today.

We had a large group of 11 that booked online. Great communication and smooth process through paypal for the deposit.

Unfortunately, when we too arrived in Grand Cayman the tours from the ship were all cancelled to the stingray sand bar. Chip met us at the tour area and informed us that the sand bar was closed to tours by the officials. They were to re-evaluate the situation in a couple of hours so Chip said he would take us out and hope they opened. He said he would not charge us if it did not open up - worst case, we would have a nice ride out and sail back. The catamaran was a wonderful experience for all as there was lots of room and places to sit.

When we got there Chip jumped into the ocean, swam over to the official and had a conversation with him. They were still closed but he got the ok to go over to the sand bar and we were all allowed to jump in for just a few minutes of swimming with the stingrays. Chip and the crew put up the sail and we had a wonderful cruise back to the dock. Really, the experience was wonderful even though it was "cancelled."

I would highly suggest Stingray Sailing as Chip and his crew were extremely ethical and went above and beyond even though they knew they were not getting paid for the trip. Obviously, we tipped well and thanked him for the experience that he did supply.

Next time we're in Grand Cayman we'll definitely go with Stingray Sailing.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived