Discounts for Amtrak Cruise Passangers

C&THollings

just allow PLENTY of time for the trip...even just a short run on the North East Corridor...

Amtrak has had a rough year on the long distance trains...with all sorts of things..avalanches, floods, derailments, etc...not to mention many trespasser fatalities...

not trying to scare people away from the railroad..i LOVE it.....but to plan on even a short trip from DC to NY Penn, and NOT allow several extra hours, is bad.

this past year i took a number of Long Distance trips...i was bussed-twice-for 9 hours, once for 5 and stuck on a track about 100 yards from MetroPark station-on the train-for a couple hours til another one picked us up.......

that said, i LOVE the train..(in a sleeper on long trips..;)) but you have to have plenty of time .....everyone should take 1 LONG trip on a train at least once in life....

We took Amtrack from Vancouver to Seattle thinking it would be interesting and neat, and we left in PLENTY of time to get there before our 6:00 flight. What we weren't planning on was the train breaking down 3(!!!!!!!!!) times. We were late, missed our flight, and had to get a hotel for the night and had to miss another day of work.

Does anybody know if this discount works for the Auto-train? \

No

Not valid on the following services: Acela Express, Auto Train, Keystones, Illinois Zephyr, Kansas City Mule, St Louis Mule, Lake shore Limited, Lincoln Service, Canadian Portions of joint Amtrak-VIA Rail Services and 7000-8999 Thruways

We are taking Amtrak's Silver Meteor from Charleston SC to Miami and back for our cruise on Dec 3rd, just a straight shot down the east coast for us... It may take a good while longer than flying, but it is basically hassle free... And no worries about dealing with those idiots on I 95.

My friends thought it would be fun to take the train. They said not fun after all, they would never do it again. Unless you paid extra for a sleeper car, not fun to sleep in a seat.

I agree. Couch seats are awkward/uncomfortable.

Archived