Long Beach Hilton/ Transportation /Shopping for supplies

jfink1162

Hi. We are booked on the Carnival Splendor in January. We are arriving at 5:00 PM the night before and staying at the Hilton Long Beach. Our plan is to take a shuttle to the hotel from LGB. But I am hoping to get some feedback about local grocery stores and liquor stores near the Hilton. Are there any that are within walking distance and safe to walk to during the evening? Or is there easy public transportation to take to these places? We could always rent a car but it seems like a waste/hassle to get a car just for a couple of hours and then have to deal with returning it in the AM before going to the port. Thanks for any info./suggestions!!!!!!

Hi. We are booked on the Carnival Splendor in January. We are arriving at 5:00 PM the night before and staying at the Hilton Long Beach. Our plan is to take a shuttle to the hotel from LGB. But I am hoping to get some feedback about local grocery stores and liquor stores near the Hilton. Are there any that are within walking distance and safe to walk to during the evening? Or is there easy public transportation to take to these places? We could always rent a car but it seems like a waste/hassle to get a car just for a couple of hours and then have to deal with returning it in the AM before going to the port. Thanks for any info./suggestions!!!!!!

We are also sailing the Splendor in January, on the 22nd! I had asked a similar question a few weeks ago on a different thread.....it was from October 11th and titled 'Long Beach shopping', here is some of the info I was given...

There is a Walmart in the 'downtown' area, here is the address for it:

151 E 5Th St

Long Beach, CA 90802

Phone: (562) 435-8389

There is also a Albertson's close by to the Walmart, for liquor purchases.

There is a bus The Long Beach Transit Passport C Shuttle that does a loop to the Queen Mary and the Aquarium, and goes to the CITY PLACE shopping area, where the Walmart is located. Here is a link of the transit information:

http://198.172.203.101/Services/Passport.aspx

I hope this helps, I am not familiar with the location of the Hilton.

Enjoy your cruise! :o

Here is the map for the free shuttle:

http://198.172.203.101/schedules/pdf/34.pdf

The Hilton is near the lower left hand side of the map along the D route by the World Trade Center (it is to the west or left of that building.) Take the shuttle (you will need to cross Ocean Blvd) to Pine and then transfer to C.

The Hilton may have a shuttle that would take you over there and then just walk or take the Passport Shuttle Bus back to the hotel.

Downtown is generally pretty safe until the bars close at 2 AM--about a shooting or stabbing a year due to arguments between drunk patrons.

Archived