Dawn Video

bcruzin

Help I've talked to too many people at NCL and hit all dead ends.

I ordered a video of our Dawn cruise while onboard and have not heard anything yet. I remember others having this same problem a while back but I can't find it. I did a search but came up empty. If anyone who ordered a vedio from the Dawn has a phone number to call I'd appreciate it.

To anyone going on the Dawn Do not order a video of your cruise from NCL. NCL informed me that it an outside production company (Cinergy)that makes the tape and I have to deal with them to try and get the tape I paid NCL for. NCL would not contact them for me. I've called them five times and left messages with the camera man who answers the phone. I finally talked to someone else there today who said he would take care of it. What a joke.

My last cruise on Royal Caribbean I ordered a video of our cruise and had it in my hand when we left the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

We, too, have been trying to get a video of the DAWN. We called NCL after booking our cruise in Aug '03. They told us the video would be ready in Oct '03. In October, we were told Jan '04. In January, we were told that it isn't known when it will be done.

Having just returned from our DAWN cruise on 5/02/04, we saw in one of the NCL T.V. channels an advertisement for the "COMMEMORATIVE VIDEO OF THE DAWN" available for purchase at the Excursion Desk. We immediately went there and inquired only to find out that none were available and they haven't had any. They would look into having that removed from the television programming. Later in walking around Deck 12 forward (by Spinnaker Lounge and the Library) there were a number of display cases featuring different departments of the ship. In one of the displays was the illusive video of the DAWN...at least one exists! On the final day (the debarkation day), as we were sitting in our cabin awaiting the call for our red luggage tags, we actually watched (on an NCL channel) a superb video of the DAWN with footage of the bridge, engine room, etc. WHY THEY DON'T HAVE THIS AVAILABLE is still unknown! NCL is really missing the boat on this one! icon_eek.gif

Debjo

Boatwht.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until the NORWEGIAN DAWN 2004 (Can't Hardly Wait But Still Wishing I Was Going On The NORWAY Instead!)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 NORWEGIAN MAJESTY 2004 Bermuda Bound Again!

QE2-Bermuda 2003

PACIFIC PRINCESS-Bermuda 2002

REGAL EMPRESS-New England/Canada 2001

I was on the Dawn last Sept. I asked about a Video of the Cruise and what they offered was a Video of the ship in general which is the one you saw advertised on the ships TV. They had them at the Tour desk to be purchased & picked up on the last day of the cruise. Of course things change so I don't know why some people are told a Video will be available and then no one knows what happened to it because it doesn't takes alot to copy a tape and mass produce it.

I did purchase the video at the tour desk but was told it would be 6-8 weeks.

After I don't remember how many phone calls with messages left that went unanswered I finally was told my dvd will be sent out tomorrow and I should have it Friday. I'm not going to hold my breath. What a screwed up company. It must be a good company to work for, the one girl Michele that did call and left a message has been out to lunch for a week.

For bcruizin...

Good luck getting your video...let us know how it turns out. Also, we are still interested in purchasing one. Could you please post the name/address/phone number of who you've been in contact with. I'm hoping that if I call them direct without going through the ship or the cruise line, I may be able to get one now that I know they REALLY DO EXIST!

Debjo

Boatwht.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until the NORWEGIAN DAWN 2004 (Can't Hardly Wait But Still Wishing I Was Going On The NORWAY Instead!)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 NORWEGIAN MAJESTY 2004 Bermuda Bound Again!

QE2-Bermuda 2003

debjo I'll let you know tomorrow if they do exist. The number I was given by NCL is 305 249 2100. I have no address. The guy who said I would have it on Friday was Rob. I think it was $34.95 or $38.95. Good luck.

This happened to me!!! But I got results! Call Cinergy directly in Miami and talk to the owner. I talked with him directly and he shipped it overnight because it had been like 3 months. Well, I never got it and I was furious. I called back and we went over everything, NCL gave them the wrong zip code. He told me that just get the information directly from NCL and send them out. Once the zip code was fixed, he overnighted it again, and guess what!! I FINALLY HAD THE ILLUSIVE TAPE!!! It was actually pretty good but it left you wanting more and wondering why you spent 38 dollars!! But if your a nut like me, you don't mind paying it.

GOOD LUCK!! BUT I DID GET IT IN THE END! Don't bother talking to NCL, then don't know their head from their toe.

-Chris

Norwegian Dawn 08/03

Norwegian Sea 08/02

Norwegian Majesty 08/00

Norwegian Majesty 08/98

FORbcruzin...

So sorry to hear that you still didn't get your video...thanks for the contact information. Guess it won't hurt if I give it a try.

For chrisncraz...

Could you post the name and phone number of the person you talked to at Cinergy. I'd like to give them a call. We REALLY would like to get a video tape of the DAWN after watching the one they showed onboard through the NCL television programming. Is it true that Cinergy is charging $38.00 for the video??? How long does the video last???

Debjo

Boatwht.gif

QE2-Bermuda 2003

The Video that I have is called "Commemorative Video" and it is 30 minutes long. They describe it in the following: "30 minute romp through the ship, covered from inaugural ceremonies to entertainment venues to candid interviews with the captain, as well as revisiting your exciting ports of call"

It's actually spelled Synergy and it's phone number is 305-373-4552. Just ask for the owner, I forget his name, and explain your problem. OR if you just want to order the video. I think the video is 34 dollars and it's 30 minutes. It's not academy award video but explains the ship a bit and the ports. Not bad but leaves you wanting more!

-Chris

Norwegian Dawn 08/03

Norwegian Sea 08/02

Norwegian Majesty 08/00

Norwegian Majesty 08/98

• 3 weeks later...

Archived