~~Nativeways or Buccaneer w/Cap. Bryan?~~

rez4jc

It seems I have reservations for both places. Nativeways serves lunch with their tour for $55 and Cap. Bryan doesn't for $39. Which one should I go with and which one should I cancel? I like not having to worry about where to feed the kids for lunch, but is it easy to find good food for a 15, 13 and 9 year old? Help!!

This board is the most helpful - thanks!!

I just got back from the 10:00 Capt Bryan's Buccaneer tour and it was great! The boat has pleanty of deck space and a small group of people (and we were sold out). Some people brought munchies on board with them and that was fine. You can bring stuff from the ship as long it is not fruit, vegetables or meat. Just bring zip locks from home and your good to go for any shore excursion. They do have an open bar ($) on the way back in if you care for that. He puts up the sail, turns on some music and you just cruise on back. Clearly my favorite day. Can't wait to go again and would definately choose the Buccaneer!!!

Kath, it would be island time, but I don't know if GC goes on DST or not. We did switch to DST until the weekend we got off the ship. The ship's personel tell you to stay on ship's time, but will inform you of island time also. One island we went to we were a different time (Cozumel I think), and then we just went by the island time for tour, but MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHEN TO BE BACK TO THE SHIP. We did not have that much time to shop afterwards as I think we put them about 20 minutes behind to begin with, and the conjestion at the port and the traffic was unbelievable. We weren't able to get our Tortuga RUm as this is a port that they send it directly to the ship and it was too late. There were 5 or 6 ships in port and the stores were packed. I think we safely had about an hour. I still recommend the tour as it is so peaceful and fun and is nice to get away from the masses in port.

We just arrived back from GC while aboard the Valor. We had a great experience with Nativeways and would highly recommend thier services to anyone. I'm not familiar with the negative review that they'd received, but I'm sure that there will always be some negative reviews. Consider each and all of them prior to making a decision. We would use Nativeways again.

CandB

Can't tell you anything about Nativeway, but we went with Captain Bryan last week and it was great. We really enjoyed the catamaran as it provided ample room for our group of 25 to either be in the sun or under cover. It was our best excursion of the cruise. Since we had winds coming at us, we motored out to avoid having to tack back and forth, and sailed back. The crew was great, the trip was great. Their "office" is located right behind a bakery that had a variety of pretty good food.

Archived