Spirit + Galaxy of the Stars

Pellaris

Does anyone know about when the activities shut down in there? My friend booked a guarantee room, and has gotten placed directly underneath it.

He is now tempted to not go at all, because of the noise issue it may provide. So any information would be useful.

Thanks,

Does anyone know about when the activities shut down in there? My friend booked a guarantee room, and has gotten placed directly underneath it.

He is now tempted to not go at all, because of the noise issue it may provide. So any information would be useful.

Thanks,

Does your friend know that this close to cruise time he/she is going to lose most or all of their money? Noise will be minimal after 11 or so most nights. Spirit is one of those ships that seems to wind down pretty early. On some ships White Hot goes to 2-3 am, on Spirit I'm not sure I've ever noticed much after 12-1230.

Does your friend know that this close to cruise time he/she is going to lose most or all of their money?

I understand that, but he is worried about this. I hope after explaining what you guys have told me, it should help him ease up on the situation. Chances are we won't be in bed that early anyway.

May I suggest some earplugs?

It seems like he may be looking for an excuse not to go.

I hope that he stops worrying and that you have a wonderful time on the beautiful Spirit.

I amend my suggestion...instead of earplugs, how about being the ones up late in the Galaxy of the Stars having the time of your lives!

We just returned from our cruise on the Spirit this past Sunday. We were with a large group called Aquafest for their Halloween cruise. We were in 9710 an aft penthouse suite. On one night our group had a party on the deck above us in the childrens aft pool area from around 11:00 pm till approximately 3 am. The night after Halloween our groups halloween party was held in the Stardust theater directly beneath our cabin from 10:30 pm until 2:30 am. On both occasions we could not hear the music or party noise in our cabin. In the hallway on the way to our cabin we could hear the music playing, but once we were in our cabin we could not hear either party directly above or below us, unless we went out on our balcony. The room was absolutely quiet and on both occasions we were in bed by 12:30 or 1:00 am. This was a gay group and we know how to party so the rooms are pretty well sound proofed. The couple from our group in the suite next door to us in 9212 apologized to us for having several cocktail parties which lasted till the early morning hours. We told them we never heard anything coming from their suite next door. The rooms are pretty well sound proofed as we never heard anything outside our cabin.

I was on the Spirit in January of 2011 in room 11000, directly below the GOS. As I was with my elderly mother, I can attest that you will hear the music playing from above until around 11 to midnight each night. Disco and White Hot party seemed to be the worse. Even though the ship was full, the crew were over compensating the first day out when we spoke to them, and they made arrangements to have us moved to mid-ship on the 10th deck. It was much quieter for the music, but we had a person who snored very loudly next door, so I am not sure it was much better. Bottom line, if you are an early to bed person, you will most likely be bothered by the music on the 11th deck, but the crew does have ear plugs available if that is any help. I would say nothing is worth cancelling a cruise, but perhaps they can check with their TA or NCL directly and possibly be moved to another stateroom. I am sailing on her in mid-January, and personally like the bow of the ship and the rooms where you can be rocked to sleep at night. I did guarantee a room on the 10th deck for the noise issues, #10006. Happy sailing.

Archived