CROWN PRINCESS – April 14th 2012 / Western Caribbean

TRoss

Thought I'd start a G&L Roll Call for the Crown Princess Western Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale on April 14th, 2012.

I am Steve and I am booked for the cruise. Even though I am part of a couple I will be sailing without my partner on this trip. I would love to hear from other LGBT people who will be on the same cruise. It has been about 5 years since my last cruise and back then they use to sponsor Friends of Dorothy gatherings. Not sure if that is still the case but I am sure we will have a great time.

Steve B.

• 2 months later...

Hello All, I am checking in to see if any other LGBT people have signed up for this cruise. I posted the first Roll Call a little too early. I am sure Princess will have a few LGBT Get-togethers but maybe we can meet for a drink the first evening of the 14th if princess does not already have one planned.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

Not much response I see.

My boyfriend and I just booked this cruise (21yrs&22yrs), we're both from the Netherlands.

This will be our first cruise!

We're arriving @ Ft. Lauderdale an day in advance.

Curious if more of ''us'' will be on, though we like to just blent in :).

Kind regards,

Andrew & Vincent

Hello Andrew & Vincent,

It is nice to know you. Yes, this thread has been quite silent. Maybe as we get closer to the sail date we will see a few more post from others who will be onboard.

I (45yrs) am part of a couple but will be sailing without my partner on this trip. I will be accompanying my mother. This is a small family reunion for her with some of her relativities.

I sailed one other time a few years back with princess and had a great time. You will not have a problem to just blend in and be part of all the activities princess will offer.

On my last trip there was one LGBT get-togethers and it was attended by only a handful of people. I did meet a few other couples. We did meet a few times throughout the trip at one of the bars or at the dance club and had a great time.

Hope to see you on board and will see if this tread begins to grown with more of “us” who will be on board.

Regards,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Karl & Paul,

Nice to ''meet you'' via this forum :).

Guess you'll spot us right away since were the youngest couple on board???

Anyways, we're busy figuring out the excursions, probably just doing it trough Princess. Saves us the e-mailing with those companies etc. I read you have some experience with cruising....you agree?

Also, do hope they get that Noro out of the ship! Reading horrible reviews from the latest cruise (cruise to nowhere, ouch)!

@Steve, how are you doing...working and counting the days ;)? I sure am, Andrew is too.

Have a nice week.

Regards,

Andrew & Vincent (it's me typing, Andrew catches up when he's at me).

Thought I'd start a G&L Roll Call for the Crown Princess Western Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale on April 14th, 2012.

I am Steve and I am booked for the cruise. Even though I am part of a couple I will be sailing without my partner on this trip. I would love to hear from other LGBT people who will be on the same cruise. It has been about 5 years since my last cruise and back then they use to sponsor Friends of Dorothy gatherings. Not sure if that is still the case but I am sure we will have a great time.

Steve B.

Hi Steve, we just got off Crown this past weekend and they did have LGBT get togethers scheduled almost every day around 5:15 or 5:30. Usually in Wheelhouse Bar or Adagios. In the past we have usually found the get togethers on Princess to be "hosted", however these were unhosted, but still an opportunity to meet others. We were on the ship two weeks which included the shortened "noro virus" cruise of 2/4 and we kind of thought at least that week that it was unhosted basically because nothing was normal that week, but it remained unhosted this past week as well. The cruise director staff may change by April and the schedule may change but for the most part it should be about the same. Enjoy your cruise!

Andrew and Vincent, don't be suprised if your not the youngest couple on board. LOL there are usually many people that are not be on this site and will be on the ship. We had 30-40 plus everyday at the get togethers on our last cruise. Re the tours, we prefer to do our own tours once off the ship, they are often half the price of the organised ones and you can just tailor the to your needs, plus you get the choice to find the deserted beaches if you like to get away from the crowds.

Steve, looking forward to meeting, we are also teenagers (40ish).

We would be up for a meet if you organise one the first evening before princess get round to it.

We did the caribbean last year and prncess take a few days to organise get togethers.

we are counting the days now!

Hello Karl and Paul, It is nice to meet you. I am right there with you as a 40ish teen. As we get closer to our cruise date I'll organize and post something like a meet for a drink late in the evening for the first evening.

FYI - we are sailing on the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. It hit the iceberg on April 14th 1912 and sank on April 15th so we should at least have a toast to mark the "tragic" occasion. For some reason I have always been fascinated with that event in history.

I am reserved for the excursion America's Cup 12-Metre Yacht Race on the island of Cozumel. Check it out would love to have other “family” with me.

See you on board, Steve

Archived