How early to book for free AI

Hi,

We booked the Destiny in mid July 2011 for the Colourful Coasts cruise and stay departing 30 March 2012, and got the AI package for £49. We were happy with this as it was over the Easter school holidays. This offer was withdrawn shortly after. I don't recall seeing a free package. This will be our first cruise, and I don't know if there any 'rules' to follow for the AI packages, but based upon our dates, the offer was withdrawn about 8 months before departure. Hopefully some experienced cruisers can nail this down.

Good luck.

Hi

Booked the Dream Med Medley for July next year and got the AI at £49,:D but when we booked the Spirit this year (June for October sailing) we had to pay the full amount:(, i think i have read on here that they have a limited number on offer and once they have been taken up then the price goes up.:confused:

We've got it free for New Year, but booked in January so a long way ahead. It's offered free or for a low price on fly-cruises when they first go on sale, but can be withdrawn at any time. It's not available on cruises from the U.K.

Carol x

Hi

i think i have read on here that they have a limited number on offer and once they have been taken up then the price goes up.:confused:

Thats correct topsey

Wait until a month or so before departure. The saving you will make will far exceed the All inc. saving, free parking etc etc etc

Not always

Booked in august for May next year.....free AI,car parking,wee drinky place at airport before the flight etc etc :p

We did the Canaries last Jan as a stay cruise and got the AI FOC, then we paid the full £398 on the Destiny in Sep Eastern Med. Doing the Canaries again this Jan and we are paying £198 for a 2 weeks cruise, the price for the same package is £798. It can be one priceone day then a totally different price a couple of days later:confused:

Wait until a month or so before departure. The saving you will make will far exceed the All inc. saving, free parking etc etc etc

Agreed. Thomsons arent giving anything away with the 'free' or 'discounted' AI. Its called giving with one hand and taking away with another.

I notice that there is no free AI for the winter 2012-13 Dream cruises, only a miserable £50 onboard credit

Yes indeed Dave we went into the TA and looked up the Caribbean for Jan 2013 and they are really really charging about £300 per 14nts for AI? bit expensive i think! :eek: I like to pay extra for premier seats on the flights.

Archived