A poll on smoking

snoopy122

Does smoking on one side the lido deck bother you  

1,218 members have voted

1. 1. Does smoking on one side the lido deck bother you

That was a number of years ago, lot less smokers now.

And as the smokers die off who will replace them?

Of course a few disgruntled Cruise Critic people will not change anything so post away.

BTW most Cruise Critic people.are disgruntled about everything and anything, it's what makes the Cruise Critic boards go.

And why they are so entertaining.

Thank you and please keep it up.

check your stats. 21% of the population still smokes, and is not down.

it is also irrelevant to the topic.

but rest assured, carnival has already stated they have no intention of launching another non smoking vessel at this time.

Do you ever leave your own house ? I'm surprised you've not died from paranoia by now.

It's not paranoia at all and I leave my house all the time. I am a nurse and I have learned how to avoid germs and bringing them home to my family or between patients. I once met a person in line to check in for a cruise that brought her own sheets. At least I don't go that far.

check your stats. 21% of the population still smokes, and is not down.

it is also irrelevant to the topic.

but rest assured, carnival has already stated they have no intention of launching another non smoking vessel at this time.

OK you can have the last word.

BTW I still think you may be a closet smoker, just my opinion.

I don't think so.

Most non-smoking pro-smoking people on internet boards are paid by the tobacco company to post.

And that's a fact.

Come on, even most smokers don't defend smoking the way you do.

ROFLMAO - come on now - get real. I am also a nonsmoker and I am not paid by a tobacco company to post. Actually I work in the field of medicine - :eek:!!!! I do not smoke and I tend to agree more with the smoker's comments than this extreme fanaticism of many (not all) nonsmokers. Smoke diluted by the parts per million in the outside air (which is more polluted than the small particles of chemicals from cigarette smoke you will receive in your breath of air) is not going to cause anyone any harm. Do you fanatics not realize what else is in that air???? Not to mention what comes out of the whale tail - that's gonna cause you alot more harm than the 1:6,000,000 dilution of particles of smoke related chemicals that you will breath in the outside, moving air. Give your balcony railing a sweep with your finger during/after a sea day - see all that black gritty stuff - you're breathing that into your lungs constantly while on a moving ship and it is not from tobacco!!!!

maybe you should read closer. i'm not defending smoking. i'm defending the freedom that allows one to smoke. or not smoke.

when i cruise, my fare goes to sharing a ship with others, nothing more. and i have always found it so easy to choose where i want to be, what to see, and what to smell. and then move if i choose if there's something not to my liking.

when i find i need complete control of my surroundings, i stay home.

Like Button!!!!

ROFLMAO - come on now - get real. I am also a nonsmoker and I am not paid by a tobacco company to post. Actually I work in the field of medicine - :eek:!!!! I do not smoke and I tend to agree more with the smoker's comments than this extreme fanaticism of many (not all) nonsmokers. Smoke diluted by the parts per million in the outside air (which is more polluted than the small particles of chemicals from cigarette smoke you will receive in your breath of air) is not going to cause anyone any harm. Do you fanatics not realize what else is in that air???? Not to mention what comes out of the whale tail - that's gonna cause you alot more harm than the 1:6,000,000 dilution of particles of smoke related chemicals that you will breath in the outside, moving air. Give your balcony railing a sweep with your finger during/after a sea day - see all that black gritty stuff - you're breathing that into your lungs constantly while on a moving ship and it is not from tobacco!!!!

A couple of points.

I never said if I am a smoker or non-smoker.

Also I was in the Navy for over 20 years and now I am an engineer in the shipbuilding industry so please don't preach to me about ships.

I only stay in inside cabins so don't know what your talking about with the balcony stuff.

I stand by what I said.

Tobacco companies pay people to post to smoking forums all over the internet and social media. So do lots of other companies. That's one way there get their point of view out.

I never seen so many professed non-smokers defending smoking.

Makes you wonder.:confused:

A couple of points.

Also I was in the Navy for over 20 years and now I am an engineer in the shipbuilding industry so please don't preach to me about ships.

I only stay in inside cabins so don't know what your talking about with the balcony stuff.

I stand by what I said.

Tobacco companies pay people to post to smoking forums all over the internet and social media. So do lots of other companies. That's one way there get their point of view out.

I am a smoker at the moment, but hoping to quit soon. However, even if I DO quit, I would still argue for the smokers to be able to have some decent places to smoke on the ship. We pay the same fare...we should be able to have some designated areas where we can smoke (and the non-smokers can avoid). And I'm not talking about being sent to the uppermost decks in the rain and the wind, away from the bars and the action, like they are doing on Liberty right now. I don't even care about smoking inside...I get the issues with that. But outside where everyone can choose whether to be there or not is only fair.

I really wish Carnival would designate a non-smoking ship or two...then all the fanatics could sail on those and leave us alone. Problem is that then they will complain that they want better ships or itineraries or whatever....just goes on and on:rolleyes:

It's not paranoia at all and I leave my house all the time. I am a nurse and I have learned how to avoid germs and bringing them home to my family or between patients. I once met a person in line to check in for a cruise that brought her own sheets. At least I don't go that far.

Fair enough, but there is the argument that the world has become too sanitized.

However, her own sheets !!!??!! Now that really is going too far !!!

Fair enough, but there is the argument that the world has become too sanitized.

However, her own sheets !!!??!! Now that really is going too far !!!

I have to agree with you there, my mil won't touch money AT ALL. It is kind of funny to me, she is more obsessive than I am. When I met that woman, my husband told me not to get any ideas.

I don't think so.

Most non-smoking pro-smoking people on internet boards are paid by the tobacco company to post.

And that's a fact.

@C4M ... It seems that you have some serious conspiracy problems -- do you really believe such drool?

B

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@C4M ... It seems that you have some serious conspiracy problems -- do you really believe such drool?

B

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe Cruise Critic itself had a problem a few years ago with RCI compensating people for posting to the boards.

And we all know that tobacco companies will do just about anything to get people hooked on smoking.

Makes as much sense as most of the other drool I read on Cruise Critic.

I am a smoker at the moment, but hoping to quit soon. However, even if I DO quit, I would still argue for the smokers to be able to have some decent places to smoke on the ship. We pay the same fare...we should be able to have some designated areas where we can smoke (and the non-smokers can avoid). And I'm not talking about being sent to the uppermost decks in the rain and the wind, away from the bars and the action, like they are doing on Liberty right now. I don't even care about smoking inside...I get the issues with that. But outside where everyone can choose whether to be there or not is only fair.

I really wish Carnival would designate a non-smoking ship or two...then all the fanatics could sail on those and leave us alone. Problem is that then they will complain that they want better ships or itineraries or whatever....just goes on and on:rolleyes:

Or how about an all smoking ship, I'm in favor of that.:D:D:D:D

And send C4M on it, on a balcony so he can observe stuff. He's an engineer, maybe he can figure how to get chemicals out of the air.

I don't think so.

And that's a fact.

Really? Can you state a source for this "fact?" I'm no longer a smoker but I feel Carnival's policy is fair to both the smoker and the non-smoker. In the words of a famous criminal, "Can't we all just get along?"

A couple of points.

I stand by what I said.

Perhaps because some of the non-smokers on this board can't tolerate your nonsense.

Really? Can you state a source for this "fact?" I'm no longer a smoker but I feel Carnival's policy is fair to both the smoker and the non-smoker. In the words of a famous criminal, "Can't we all just get along?"

Never said I had a problem with Carnival's smoking policy, I don't.

I have a big problem with the rude, overbearing smokers on this thread who feel the need to rant on and on and attack anyone who does not agree with them.

Maybe stop the personal attacks?

For all you know I might even be a smoker.

Archived